Lubuto Library Partners
Job opportunity at Lubuto Library Partners Zambia Office
Position: Program Manager
Lubuto Library Partners (LLP) is seeking a proactive and energetic Program Manager to join our talented team in carrying out the mission of our unique organization.
Lubuto Library Partners is an innovative development organization that builds the capacity of public libraries to create opportunities for equitable education and poverty reduction. Its mission is to enlighten and enrich the lives of children and youth in sub-Saharan Africa, especially those not in school and highly vulnerable.
Lubuto constructs enduring open-access libraries whose design is inspired by traditional and contemporary social, economic and cultural patterns and which freely offer comprehensive collections of well-chosen books and technology resources. These libraries serve as safe havens and are the center for dynamic library programming offering education, psychosocial support and self-expression through reading, music, art, drama, computers, mentoring and other activities.
LLP maintains a continuous learning relationship for children and youth library services with a growing network of Lubuto libraries owned and operated by Zambian organizations, developing a model poised to scale regionally.
Lubuto’s objectives are to:
- Create open access to child-friendly, culture-specific and well-equipped libraries
- Support holistic development and advocate for the rights of all children and youth, especially the marginalized
- Build capacity of librarians, communities and educators to provide high-quality educational, information and social services to children and youth through public libraries
Lubuto’s approach is to:
- identify target community and hosts
- build library facilities reflecting social, economic and cultural patterns
- provide great collections & resources
- establish targeted and innovative programming
- carry out effective outreach
- provide training in library services for children and youth
- Monitor and evaluate libraries’ impact for advocacy
The Program Manager is based at LLP headquarters and is responsible for overseeing program performance at all Lubuto libraries, including those owned by host organizations. This requires travel to Lubuto libraries in the Lusaka area as transport is available, as well as regular virtual communications with Lubuto libraries in other areas and occasionally traveling to them as possible.
Upon assuming this position, the Program Manager must become thoroughly familiar with Lubuto Library aims, functions, objectives, services and programs through review of video, and written materials and discussions with LLP management team.
Program Manager’s Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Supervise and support the execution of LLP projects and programs and management of program staff
- Assist in defining program priorities, plans and long-term strategy in close collaboration with the management team, including managing and modifying, as necessary, program implementation
- Promote a team approach and positive learning environment utilizing headquarters, program staff, volunteers, advisors, and partners to consistently enhance the quality of design and implementation
- Ensuring that staff understand and carry out their role in supporting LLP’s monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and prompt, complete reporting
- Manage budgets of all LLP programs and ensure that budgetary needs of program staff are met in a timely manner, including procurement of program materials
- Contribute to donor and organizational reporting on programs as appropriate, and keep LLP management apprised of program performance on a weekly basis
- Work with management team to identify and reach out to potential local supporters of new and existing LLP programs
- Develop, coach and manage (including performance evaluation) program staff and volunteers and work to strengthen program performance capacities
- As necessary, participate in the recruitment and selection of program staff
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately but we will keep the post open until we find the right candidate
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, what you would bring to it; a detailed résumé; and three traceable references to [email protected] with the subject header: LLP Program Manager
- Include contact information (phone and email) in your application
- Applications not including all of the above will not be considered
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.