CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancy available at Head Office in Lusaka;
Job Title: Program Manager – Business Development
Reports to: Assistant Country Director – Programs
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Program Manager – Resource Mobilization will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Care Zambia’s Resource mobilization strategy in line with the strategic Direction. S/he will build on proactive documentation and strategic dissemination of successes and lessons learnt from Care programs, to position Care as a partner of choice among donors, government and other partners; coordinate the development and presentation of proposals to potential donors and partners; and provide support to teams on compliance to donor requirements during implementation. In addition to direct accountability to the Assistant Country Director – Programs, the role involves collaboration with others in a matrix format. S/he should demonstrate strong external orientation, and capacity to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a matrix set up.
|Area of delivery||Scope and expected outcomes|
|Resource Mobilization 40%
|Program Development 30%
|Partnership Development 20%
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in any of the following relevant fields; Business Management, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, etc from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the field related to Care Zambia’s thematic priorities (e.g. livelihoods, nutrition, etc) is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or senior management role that included similar responsibilities. Candidates should articulate their achievements or contributions.
- Current knowledge of the strategic priorities and programs of the Government of Zambia as well as that of her development partners.
- Hands on experience with logic models in development programs (theories of change, logical frameworks, results frameworks).
- Proof of past success in a similar role is required
- Good communicator both in spoken and written English
- Highly organized and ICT savvy
- Analytical skills, with practical experience in data-based decision-making. The ability to understand and use analytical models and indicators is essential e.g. root-cause/problem tree analyses, cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, chances for success, etc
- Should have accomplished technical writing and editing skills.
- The ideal candidate should be ICT savvy. Skills in online collaboration and development of products using MS Office (notably PowerPoint, word and excel) are essential.
- This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Key internal collaborations involve the Country Director, sector leads, Project Managers, Knowledge Management unit, and finance.
- Current donors, potential donors, government Ministries departments and agencies (MDAs), other INGOs implementing similar to CARE, Local NGOs/CSOs and private sector
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: [email protected].
Closing Date: 27th August, 2021
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.