Program Coordinator-Governance (INT7816)
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that by mobilizing the power of people against poverty. Around the world, Oxfam saves lives and helps rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes.
Our regional program promotes women’s rights, good governance and accountability; resilient livelihoods, and enhance preparedness, reduce vulnerability to disaster and ensure an effective response to humanitarian crises.
Oxfam has been working in Zambia since the 1980s implementing development and humanitarian programmes. We work with local stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the root causes which keep people in poverty. We envision Zambia free of extreme inequality and injustice; a society where citizens and particularly women across all age groups claim and exercise their rights.
Our values are Accountability, Empowerment, and Inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Manage day-to-day operations of the project i.e. Beyond the Numbers-Making the Budget Work for the People hinged on promoting meaningful budget oversight and accountability by civic actors. Responsible for overall partner management, coordination, monitoring and capacity building, reporting and budget management.
We are looking for an individual who is dynamic, charismatic and credible person with the following:
- Academic degree in a relevant area for this position.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- At least five years of experience in managing complex programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing a governance program, preferably focused on budget or generally social accountability -ideally built on mature understanding of relevant issues derived from experience.
- Excellent financial management skills, with experience in project budgeting and controlling financial risks.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing the Gender-responsive programme, especially gender-responsive budgeting.
- Proven record of involvement in the design and/or implementation of approaches, tools and methodologies that foster inclusive governance at national and sub-national levels.
- Good understanding of Zambia’s public policy processes including budgeting and citizen engagement desired.
- Knowledge of and possible experience with approaches involving impactful youth and innovative programming
and working with activists.
- Strong program management and quality knowledge, with the ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and to implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance.
- Proven experience with proposal development and with donor funding environment.
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- A high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgement, personal energy and flexibility
- Clear support and respect for gender equality and equity.
- Ability to build a people’s movement around the program theme and inspire followership.
- Able to handle stress, leading by example and, thus, produce results, meet deadlines and make others meet their
- Strategic and people management skills, supporting and mentoring the team in their professional and personal growth within an intercultural setting.
- Experienced in proposal and report writing.
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage good relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and think innovatively and strategically, as well as collaborate within a team, including with colleagues based remotely.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
We believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment and outstanding opportunities to develop your career.
Oxfam is committed to providing a competitive compensation package based on a 40-hour workweek.
How to apply
If your qualifications meet the requirements and believe in Oxfam values- please apply by visiting our website: http://www.oxfam.org.uk using the number INT7816.
Closing date: 14 September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Oxfam is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.oxfam.org.uk.