Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID- Action HIV Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID-Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
About the Positions
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21- 170
Date advertised: 3rd March 2022
Closing date: 9th March 2022
Position: Professional Counsellors X 4
Location: Muchinga Province (Muyombe RHC, Chikakala RHC, Chitulika Health Post, Kamwanya Health Post)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: HTS Coordinator
Job grade: TBA
Contact Email: [email protected]
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Required Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling or any Social related field
- Basic HIV \ AIDS training
- 2 years’ experience in counselling sup
Technical and Behavioural Competences
- Problem solving skills
- Counselling skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervision skills (guiding, supporting)
- Good interpersonal skill
- Personal management skills
- HTS linkage Viral Load HVST
Key Performance Areas
- Performing Counselling activities for patients using local languages.
- Providing pre- and post-counselling to patients
- Conducting health education to HIV\AIDS\TB patients
- Identifying problems and setting priorities with the patient
- Assist patients in making informed decisions
- Reassuring patients about the confidentiality when doing pre-and post-counselling
- To provide ongoing appropriate, supportive counselling to HIV, ART, and TB patients, with appropriate referral to other
- Supportive services
- Detect and report barriers to adherence
- To provide education and information on HIV / STI / TB and ART related issues in the community
- Build up rapport between patient and workplace
- Participate in community awareness and education initiatives and be a link between, family, community, patient, and the clinic
- Liaise between patient in the community / workplace and a health facility for entering to care
- Presenting reports to multidisciplinary team for inputs
- Referral of patients to relevant departments
- Entering into the daily register each patient counselled or educated i. e. their age, gender etc.
- Communicate the statistics to the Line manager by the 25th of each month.
- Compile and store regular reports relating to RTC – supported HIV service as required by RTC management.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.