Yalelo is seeking a Highly analytical, meticulous and Hands on Individual to work in the position of Procurement Officer. They will be responsible for overseeing purchasing activities and ensuring that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality; In addition to this the Procurement Officer will maintain positive supplier relations, evaluate supply options, approve purchases, and maintain accurate records.
Location: The position is based in Lusaka with Occasional Travel to Siavonga
The Right Fit Candidate will :
- Works closely with the Procurement manager to develop supply/Sourcing strategy that benefits Yalelo in
reduced operational and Capital expenditure costs by implementing procurement strategies and Policies that
inherently allow for Supplier selection, best pricing and Yalelo’s internal policies to be the forefront of decision
- Co-leads the Stores function by ensuring optimal order quantities based on lead times, MOQs and pricing for all
consumables and stock items and ensures reduced working capital and stock levels for items considering risks
in Supply Chain
- Conducts product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors
- Sources materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and
- Creates and maintains good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintains purchasing, Pricing and other important data
- Performs inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities
- Inspects stock and reports any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately
- Updates and maintains records of all orders, payments, and received stock
- Coordinates with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled
- Attends product launches and networking with industry professionals
- Establishes professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers
- Ensures all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner
- Works with team members and Procurement manager to complete tasks and duties
- Develops SLAs, MOUs, and Contracts for Suppliers
The Essentials Include :
- Diploma in Purchasing/Business Management/CIPS or other related discipline
- Advanced certificate Chartered institute of purchasing and supply (ZIPS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Related field preferred
- 2 + Years of experience in Procurement
- Experience working in an FMCG Industry is an added advantage
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit yalelo.breezy.hr.