Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC)
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best in Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation Services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support”
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now inites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER- SALRAY GRADE CMS-4
To evaluate suppliers, products, and services. To negotiate contracts and ensure that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist to develop, formulate and implement procurement policies and procedures for the company in accordance with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act.
- Implement the annual procurement plan for the purpose timely acquisition of goods and services.
- Draft tender and contract documents and evaluate tenders and quotations received and recommend for tender award.
- Monitor and ensure that both parties adhere to contractual obligations and advise management of any discrepancies or breach of terms identified.
- Ensure that procurement committee papers for goods and services in accordance to the approved thresholds are prepared and submitted
- Build, develop and manage supplier relationship and monitor their performance.
- Identify sources and obtain the most competitive price, quality and delivery, so as to ensure value for money to the company.
- Ensuring that recommendation to purchase goods and services are in conformity with the requirements and according to procedures
- Assist in reviewing procurement and supply systems to ensure stock items do not reach critical levels nor become far in excess of demand.
- Provide technical advice to the Manager- Purchasing and Supplies of the most suitable supplier (through the evaluation of tender documents) meeting supply contract specifications set out by the company.
- Provide input in the preparation of draft financial requirements and annual budget for the department; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluating of bids and make recommendations
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manages relationships in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Undertake and agree to performance targets and conduct appraisal for all staff under his/ her supervision
- Prepare accurate routine procurement and special reports required by the supervisor on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply/ Chain Management or equivalent discipline
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- Paid up Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and supply.
- Minimum of 4 Years practical work experience in a reputable institution in the similar position
- Excellent working knowledge of Public Procurement as well as World Bank, African Development Bank and European Investment Bank Procurement Procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act as well as Knowledge of the FIDIC conditions of contracting and procurement.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th September, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their application letters, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources Administration
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O. Box 410397
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia