Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21-106
Date advertised: 11th October 2021
Closing date: 16th October 2021
Position: Procurement Manager x1
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
Job grade: TBA
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Equivalent with Professional Certification in Procurement.
- Minimum 7 years Procurement experience
- Experience on Donor funded projects.
- Member of ZIPS
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in managing procurements for USAID funded projects.
- USG compliance training.
- Experience with Sage Evolution
Technical And Behavioural Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Computer literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethics and Integrity
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-starter with proactive work ethic
Key Performance Areas
- Develop, review, and recommend changes to the Procurement Policy.
- Develop and review procurement, fraud and corruption policies and procedures in line with new industry and legislative developments and changes and that they are aligned to donor contract’s provisions and guidelines.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Procurement Policy within Right to Care.
- Oversee and monitor the deliverables of the service level agreements with suppliers.
- Identify cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities in expenditure during the procurement process.
- Collaborate with the business units and key stakeholders, ensuring alignment between the organisation’s needs and procurement objectives.
- Implement and communicate the procurement and supply chain initiatives.
- Ensuring RTCZ has approved procurement policy and procedures and governance.
- Develop and maintain the supplier database annual placing of invitations and sourcing potential suppliers to join the database.
- Maintain preferred and approved supplier lists with appropriate documentation.
- Ensure full contractual, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and legal compliance, ensuring suppliers perform strictly in line with contractual obligations and legislative requirement including risk assessments.
- Ensure regular market testing and benchmarking is performed to ensure maintenance of market competitiveness by comparing verified supplier pricing to market pricing.
- Prepare prior approval request to Donors relating to procurement of restricted goods and services.
- Ensure standard operating procedures, initiatives, and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Accountable for executing the tender and bidding process by advertising and calling the committee meetings.
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance, particularly around the tender process.
- Negotiate and finalise payment terms with suppliers within delegation of authority.
- Accountable to support the audit process on a yearly basis by ensuring all necessary documentations are provided for auditing purposes.
- Build and manage key relationships with suppliers and service providers to ensure smooth programme implementation.
- Track and monitor all ongoing SLAs for validity and expiring dates and inform Legal in advance for renewal of SLAs.
- Conduct regular reviews of open PO and requisitions reports and make prompt follow ups.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised in compliance with RTCZ policies and ensuring that all applicable USG requirements are followed, and all approvals and documentation are in place.
- Develop, review and implement strategic policies and procedures for travel according to RTCZ – MECH programme needs.
- Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import and export regulations to travellers.
- Ensure the prescriptive donor rates are followed and complied with.
- Initiate tender process for all bids above the quotation threshold by drafting an advert and placing it in the media.
- Facilitate the closing of all bids by opening tender box and recording all bids.
- Conduct a preliminary analysis and pre-qualification of all bids and prepare submission to bid evaluation committee.
- Reviews the bid evaluation committee minutes prior to distribution to the Chairperson of the committee.
- Maintain all bid communication regarding bidding processes and communicate the outcome of the bid evaluation committee to the supplier.
- Ensure complete and detailed records of all bidding documents for audit and legal purposes.
- Build a productive Procurement team through effective leadership.
- Provide training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding generally accepted procurement procedures and internal controls.
- Lead, manage and develop employees and embed a culture of procurement excellence and best practice, maximising individual strengths and developing talent.
- Take a leading role in the development of the MECH work plan
- Update procurement plan on an ongoing basis thereby bringing efficiency in procurement.
- Provide monthly cash flow needs for procurement to the Finance in line with budgets to ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide input into the supplier management process.
- Submit timely and complete payment documentation to Finance.
- Review Open POs periodically, communicate with suppliers and where possible cancel overdue POs.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.