John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Procurement Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will work closely with the finance and operations team to manage the procurement of goods and services for the project for Lusaka, Copperbelt, Central and Southern offices. This position will report to the Director of Finance & Administration and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to the Procurement Officer, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals with supervisee.
- Prepare tender documents; undertake tender evaluations, placements and management of contracts.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised in compliance with JSH policies and ensuring that all applicable USG -2 CFR 200 requirements are followed and all approvals and documentation are in place.
- Maintain auditable records for all procured items which include all supporting documentation: FPRs, FPQs, bid evaluations with memorandum of negotiation, purchase orders, invoices and proofs of delivery.
- Act as a focal point of interaction with the ZAM-Health team in all areas concerning procurement.
- Work with other JSH projects to understand current pre-qualified vendors and coordinate for any pre-qualification procurements needed for recurring goods/services (e.g. hotels, stationaries, printing, etc).
- Train staff on and reinforce procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that staff develop the capacity to follow all applicable procurement rules correctly.
- Following verification of satisfactory receipt of goods or services, submit timely and complete payment documentation to JSH Finance staff.
- Provide monthly cash flow needs for local procurement to the Finance team in line with respective team budgets to ensure timely payment of local suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide input into the supplier management process.
- Prepare annual value-added taxes (VAT) report.
- Produce periodic status reports on procurement as required by JSH, ZAM-Health & USAID.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s financial, procurement and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration or other senior staff.
- Diploma or higher in procurement, logistics or any related field and 6 years of experience in procurement of goods and services.
- Sound knowledge of USAID procurement regulations.
- Understanding of strategic sourcing.
- General understanding of supply chain including planning and inventory.
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented person with good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Proficiency in common computer packages such as Word and Excel and familiar with the use of databases.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Experience working with an NGO preferred.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.