Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy (BEM Consult)
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for the management of all project procurements and assist with processing service contracts, leases and rental agreements at the Provincial level. Ensure that all logistic activities procurement, warehousing, transportation related to the proper functioning of the programme are carried out safely, correctly, and in good time. Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep Programme Managers abreast with an estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Assuring all sub-contracts, consultant and other service contracts, and purchase orders awarded by the project are in compliance with Donor Procurement Policy rules and regulations.
- Execute procurement tasks for all procuring equipment and services (hotel, airline tickets, etc.).
- Liaise with Ops Manager and Program Managers regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power
- Take the lead in proposing and implementing strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistics procedures.
- Assist Programme Managers in preparing bidding documents for the tendering of projects and issuing calls for proposals, oversee bidding processes, solicit bids, quotations and tender documents, evaluate and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment. Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements.
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from regional or head office IT support team members for related IT goods.
- Coordinate and ensure that all project-related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the purchase authorization matrix.
- Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost-effective.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers and management of staff movements.
- Ensure safe running condition of the fleet, and transportation of staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according to the Vehicle Logbook, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions.
- Coordinate logistics planning and administration for travel, accommodation, and per diem for in-country conferences, meetings, and study tours.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Maintain and update a network of skilled contractors, such as electricians, constructors and carpenters.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent in Communications Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
- An honest and accountable person with allocated resources
- Good Negotiating & Networking Skills
- Excellent Planning & Organizational Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or the equivalent.
- Experience of 4-6 years and above, preferably working in a busy organization and well versed with NGO’s values.
- Experience in coordinating logistical needs of community-based reintegration projects is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with Donors, Governmental Authorities, other National/International Institutions, and NGOs;
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good Knowledge of Donor Procurement procedures and policies
- Computer literate (MS word & excel and other accounting software)
- Must be a member ZIPS
THOSE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE READY AND WILLING TO WORK AND STAY IN LUAPULA PROVINCE (MANSA)
If you meet the hiring requirements for any of the above positions, please email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org & copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia