260 Brands (Seba Foods Zambia Ltd.)
Reporting to Process Manager, the Supervisor plays a critical role in day-to-day operations of the entire production line. This includes the control of manpower, machine-man power utilization, maintaining hygiene on the shop floor, quality of produce, sanitization and bulk loading and unloading of materials at shop floor
- Responsible for quality, food safety and product specifications.
- Be a key operator in the blending of a range of products which includes milk, flavored milk, soymilk, fruit beverage
- Accurate and timely interpretation of recipes and translating this into product by the weighing, measurement, calculation and combination of raw materials
- Ensuring that there are no product losses by following in place processes and guidelines
Performing quality control testing on ingredients and samples
- Blending of fruit beverages, flavored milk blending, sugar syrup preparation and transfer on to products, Grinding and mixing of defatted soy flour.
- Adapt to site needs, completing production and process work as required
Monitor and control raw material usage and handling with the aim of minimizing ingredient losses
- General cleaning of areas, tools, machinery, utensils – disposal of waste
Communicating with co-workers and management verbally & by telephone
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise and reporting anything out of the ordinary
- Maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and your colleagues including the use of correct PPE always
- Actively participating in any meetings and activities
- Monitor blending equipment according to the specifications of components and blend amounts.
- Control valves, pumps, speed and temperatures in accordance with industry standards for blending.
- Must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to the laboratory.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/sanitizing and operating per manufacturer instructions.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Engage in dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications & Requirements Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years, preferably in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) and beverage industry.
- Education Level: Grade 12 certificates, Diploma and Degree courses
- Qualifications: Diploma and/or degree in Production Management or relevant field
Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Good Command in English Language, Nyanja and Bemba
- Abilities: proven abilities of a quality supervisor background.
- Personality: Self-motivated, Completing tasks on Time.
For all interested candidates, please email a CV and relevant qualifications to [email protected] with “Processing Officer” in the subject line.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.