Job Title: Process Plant Trainer
Purpose of the role:
Conduct process operations training and development activities aimed at improving the performance of the business by improving performance of employees through enhancing of knowledge and skills of process operations employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing of role specific training paths
- Developing training materials in accordance with FQML standards.
- Scheduling training events in INX as requested by the client.
- Conduct field, classroom and e-learning training
- Manage trainees that have reported for training
- Conduct theory and practical assessments in line with the assessment guideline.
- Carry out assessments and ensure issuance of relevant certifications
- Conducting training needs assessment
- Manage both physical and electronic training records
- Implement training and assessment schedules.
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment under trainers’ supervision.
- Conducting planned task observations [PTOs]
- Ensuring training objectives are met
- Ensuring Safety and Environmental incidents are report promptly
- Submit daily activity training report
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in Mineral Processing related field or Chemical Engineering
- Certificate/Diploma in Training and Development or related field (Teaching Methodology or equivalent)
- Training professional registered with TAVETA
- Valid EIZ/ERB
- At least 2 years’ experience in process operations at operator or higher role (preferably in copper mining industry)
Job Specific Competencies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a mineral processing plant with Gyratory Crushing, Cone Crushing, SAG Milling, Ball Milling, Flotation, Thickening and Filtering
- Possess ability to analyze and understand metallurgical & equipment information
- Must have hands-on experience with process plant operations
- Training needs assessment
- Proficient in Microsoft Offices
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Presentation and Facilitation
- Excellent organizational and report writing
- Knowledge in basic health and safety
- Coordinating training events
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms
- Good planning skills
Key Job Attributes
- Excellent Attitude
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical employees
- Commitment to meeting objectives
- Proactive approach
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Must be smart and driven
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong drive to contribute to copper production
- Commitment to SHE performance
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be diligent and thorough in approach
- English language fluency
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.