Job Title: Process Optimisation Specialist
Overall Job Purpose
- As key member of the Process operation optimisation team and reporting into Process Operation Superintendent, the Process Optimisation Specialist scrutinizes operating strategies to identify gaps for improvement, drives testing and implementation of new operating strategies, assists with process data management and drives training of Control Room Operators.
Specific Job Responsibility
- The role has process operational improvements accountability.
- Develop training material and organise on job training of Control Room Operators.
- Identify control system deficiencies and propose improvements options.
- Collaborate with both operational and technical teams to drive implementation of improved operating strategies in the field of operation.
- Participate in downtime analysis discussions and propose solutions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Maintain process data Management and automatic reporting systems in the absence of Business Information Coordinator.
- Create monitoring trends, dashboards and increase ability of Control Room Operator to use them so as to make good production decisions.
- Drive implementation and introduction of advanced control technologies to improve operation and production.
- Manage expert system and analysers in the absence of expert system administrator.
- Establish data and info needed by operational team for each section of the plant to increase process parameters and KPI visibility so as to improve their control and impact on production.
Job Specific Competencies
- Deep understanding of Metallurgical operations of a high throughput copper concentrator.
- Knowledge of plant control systems, data management systems and software packages i.e. SCADA, PLC’s, PI.
- Deep data management systems understanding and computer literacy.
- Deep understanding of process advanced control systems.
Key Job Attributes
- As part of the standard expected from any KML team member,
- Maintain HSE standards, promote them where possible, ensure all safety incidents are reported promptly and addressed, and maintain a very high standard of general safety;
- Drive skills transfer and training, with the aim of increasing competencies and skillsets in senior and control room staff where possible, in understanding how to use data,
- Control and reduce operational costs;
- Implement FQM Way culture – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven;”
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Process Management. Commitment to SHEC performance;
- Good leadership and motivational skills;
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability;
- Strong ability to build working relations, including a balance of assertiveness and cooperation;
- Excellent cognitive and analytical skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain self-discipline under pressure;
- Be diligent and thorough in approach;
- Be enthusiastic and pro-active in manner;
- Computer fluency is a must;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- English language fluency.
Experience required to perform in this job
- Minimum 3 years working as Metallurgist or Process Control Metallurgist, Process Engineer or Production Engineer.
- Experience in metallurgical process operations of large copper concentrators highly regarded;
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL, Matlab, PowerBI required and other programming languages are a plus.
- Experience in using process advanced control systems.
- A tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or related fields
- Eligibility for membership of the Engineering institute of Zambia(EIZ)
- A certificate or post-graduation qualification in data management system will be a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.