Zambian Breweries Plc
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The primary role for this position is to provide specialised artisan skills and knowledge to the team, and to support the operations, maintenance and problem solving activities of the teams. The key responsibility is to carryout maintenance and calibration of plant field instruments and contribute to overall plant control and automation performance.
The Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Comply with safe, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Locate plant equipment, spares and relevant documentation/ systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs/maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimise) plant, process, equipment and systems
- Operate, maintain, repair and optimize all plant field devices and machines in Refrigeration, Boiler, BTS, Standby Power, Laboratory and production processes
- Use VPO tools to achieve individual, departmental and plant KPIs targets
- Perform program/parameter/configuration backups for PLCs, HMIs and Drives
- Calibrate all field devices-Temperature, flow, pressure instruments etc.
- Design and update Electrical schematics, PIDs and program logics
- Repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot electrical systems including, but not limited to: Compressors, PLC’s, HMIs, Induction Motors, Motor Controls, pneumatics, Sensors and actuators
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance in accordance with established procedures
- Provide technical guidance to operations and maintenance personnel and provide suggestions to improve service and operations
- Provide Electrical and Control expertise including technical review for in-house modifications, additions and major repairs
- Manage and work with independent contractors regarding electrical instrumentation and control system repairs and installations
- Coordinate with Warehouse staff to maintain an inventory of electrical parts and equipment sufficient to perform repairs and complete normal installations
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Use the root causes analysis tools for problem solving, these include: 5 Why, Abnormality Report Report, Fishbone diagram, Pareto chart, Scarter diagram, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Excellent machine condition and process parameters
- Continuous discipline to drive spending and cost reduction, while maximizing business values
- Diploma in Engineering (Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechatronics)
- Min – 2 to 3 years in a FMCG production environment
- Experience in PLC Programming, visualisation softwares and process networking advantageous
- 2 Years technical instrumentation and electrical experience in a FMCG environment
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 29 September 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.