John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Private Sector Engagement Director
Department/Unit: Technical, Private Sector Unit
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks a Private Sector Engagement Director for the USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health Activity. This full-time position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The Private Sector Engagement Director is responsible for designing and implementing strategies that will enhance the market environment for greater private sector engagement in the health sector. She/he leads efforts to strengthen the capacity of the private sector to deliver high quality products, services and information to priority populations by increasing awareness, accessibility, availability, affordability, agency, and adoption. S/he provides technical and strategic direction on a portfolio of activities including supply chain management, social marketing, and promoting a total market approach to improve the health market environment for greater private sector participation in the delivery of family planning and other health initiatives. The position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs.
- Develop and operationalize strategies to support and strengthen public sector stewardship to grow a mixed health market via a favorable regulatory, legal, fiscal, and coordination environment in FP, HIV, MNCH, supply chain, financing, and other areas.
- Oversee the design, adaptation, and implementation of tools, consultative processes and interventions that aim to understand market system dynamics, root causes affecting private sector engagement, and capacities (individual, organizational).
- Lead the project’s activities to diagnose and deepen the public sector’s structural, organizational, and individual capacities to organize, manage, and lead the strategic engagement of market actors.
- Design and implement strategies and solutions that address market inefficiencies and facilitate effective and strategic public-private engagement and collaboration for FP and other health outcomes.
- Design and execute activities that will foster data sharing, public-private alliances, and institutional agreements.
- Engage and collaborate with USAID, MOH, NAC, ZAMRA, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Strategic Information and market analysis staff to plan, design, and implement data collection, analysis and use of market data through market landscaping, market/audience segmentation, systems mapping, demand forecasting, quality assessments, customer surveys, product/service, pricing, and willingness to pay.
- Provide strategic oversight to teams conducting policy analysis and systems mapping to diagnose policy/regulatory gaps and barriers that affect private sector engagement.
- Develop, refine, and disseminate private sector engagement policies, regulations, and guidelines in scale-up efforts.
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices are applied to introduce and scale new products, and to expand access to existing products and services.
- Design and implement strategies to mobilize and leverage financial and non-financial resources and incentives to improve private sector capacity, responsiveness, and financial sustainability
- Works closely with Regional Office leadership to direct regional social marketing activities and provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to Social Marketing Officers based in regional offices.
- Manage Private Sector Engagement team ensuring that all personnel efforts are aimed toward achieving ZAM-Health goals, objectives, and results. Provide direct supervision to the Lusaka based Private Sector Unit Advisors including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and learning opportunities to build capacity of team in both Lusaka and Regional offices, other project staff, and government counterparts.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCOP – Technical Programs or other senior staff.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, business, economics, policy, demography, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in global health, health policy, private health sector, market systems, healthcare management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging with public and private sector partners. Excellent networking, negotiation, and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of family planning, health systems, market development, supply chain, public-private partnerships, economics, financing, and capacity development, especially in developing countries or emerging markets.
- Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience with USAID preferred.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 1, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.