Website Woodford School Lusaka
Woodford School Lusaka is a beautiful purpose-built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st-century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade 7.
The school has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes.
Woodford School Lusaka`s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child. The holistic development of all learners. ‘imiti ikula empanga’ is Woodford School`s motto. This belief permeates every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading private education provider in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to the Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ), which provides excellent inter-school competitions, tournaments, and continuous professional development opportunities.
The job candidate should be a passionate advocate for both the children you teach and the benefits that PE can bring. The PE Teacher will teach children across the Early Years and Foundation Stage, Lower Primary and Upper Primary. He/she will need to have experience of the progression of PE and developmental activities for children of these ages. The Teacher will ignite a passion for being active, create a sense of achievement for all and demonstrate the highest expectations whilst acknowledging that each of our children is unique with individual strengths and needs.
Woodford School Lusaka offers outstanding, well-resourced PE and Sports facilities. We seek the services of a fantastic PE Teacher whose lesson delivery brings the bricks, mortar and grass to life. You will be an essential member of the teaching staff. It is crucial that you are dedicated, positive-minded and prepared to set a high standard of physical education across the school.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting teamwork and collegiality within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Communicating effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play a leading role in the school’s extra-curricular programme.
- Should coach at least 3 of the following sporting disciplines; Basketball, Rugby, Hockey, Volleyball, Tennis, and Swimming.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Physical Education and with three years of experience in a reputable school. A Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education will be an added advantage;
- Holder of qualified Teacher license from Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ);
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to teaching and outdoor learning;
- Must be computer literate;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for outstanding PE provision (curricular and extra-curricular).
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover letter, CV and copy of professional qualifications to [email protected].