FQM Pressure Water Operator Jobs
Overall Job Purpose
- To ensure the utilisation of the On Stream Analyser and plant sampling systems by eliminating obstacles to the free flow of sample to the OSA and sample receival systems. To do this while keeping people safe, protecting the equipment, and ensuring that no discharges occur to environment.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Area of accountability is all OSA sampling systems and plant metallurgical accounting sampling systems, inclusive of the multiplexer, from point of sampling to point of offtake to the OSA.
- Wear your PPE
- Follow KML safety procedures and guidelines
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by your supervisor
- Follow in full, the OSA operating strategy and set points as advised in writing by the flotation metallurgist.
- Ensure the OSA is shut down safely and quickly without spillage. Ensure the circuit is ready for subsequent re-start.
- Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the supervisor and deliver to the supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues with the OSA will affect the Flotation Operator.
- Escalate for advice and/or approval when needed.
Job Specific Competencies
- Complete shift handover.
- Defend the sampling systems from spillage
- Inspect the circuit regularly and report all spillage and leaks.
- Slow or stop operations if slurry goes outside the bund.
- Clear all blockages from the OSA and plant sampling systems as they occur
- Diagnose and enter work requests for repair of any faulty equipment that would threaten the utilisation for the sampling systems
Key Job Attributes
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance;
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations;
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift;
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be diligent and thorough in approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- English language fluency.
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, with exposure to grinding processes, preferably in copper production.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma / Degree in Metallurgy related course
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.