Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Location – Livingstone (4), Lusaka (11), Ndola (6), Luanshya (4), Kitwe (4), Chingola (4), and Mufulira (4).
Reports to the DREAMS Centre Coordinator, the PrEP Exposure Prophylaxis Nurse provides PrEP to at-risk young women in the DREAMS centers under the CHEKUP I project.
- Conducts pre-PrEP initiation counselling.
- Takes structured sexual, drug use and medical history. Measures vital signs (blood pressure and body temperature), perform phlebotomy.
- Conducts point-of-care tests (HIV antibody), screen for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Provides counselling on PrEP use and adherence, family planning and contraception, and STIs.
- Fills prescriptions, including labelling, and dispense medications.
- Coordinates with DREAMS site level staff to provide information on PrEP and counselling on adherence, HIV prevention, sexual health and contraception.
- Updates PrEP registers and coordinate effective data entry into PrEP electronic management system.
- Coordinates PrEP appointment book and initiates the tracking of clients who miss clinical and pharmacy appointments by working with DREAMS Site Mobilization Officers/Connectors and Mentors.
- Works closely with the ART clinician, adherence supporters (CHWs and Counsellors) and other clinical staff to ensure linkage of services between the community and the facility.
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery
- At least 2 years working experience, and associated training in PrEP, ART or PMTCT
- Experience working with young people in general, and adolescents in particular
- Effective communication with other staff, CHWs, mobilizers and clients.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Flexibility, patience, dedication and creative thinking
- Experience in management (Desirable)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite i.e. Word, Excel
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cidrz.org.