As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
- Drive value maximization of the portfolio in the East and Southern Business Africa
- Bring innovations that rejuvenate the Business Area(BA) portfolio and defend through efficient positioning
- Ensure integrity of the portfolio/ LTO through active engagement with the Stewardship team and
- identifying the right mitigation portfolio steps to win in this area as well as take advantage and win in the competitor impacted portfolio
- Deliver increased innovation to growers through successful New Product Introductions
- Collaborate with AME portfolio leads on value pricing, post patent strategy, business and profitability delivery, etc.
- Manage portfolio decisions across the Business Area (BA) including product life cycle management.
- Regularly review the Portfolio in EA & SA to ensure a good fit of the portfolio for the key SMS, target segments and market needs, supported by the optimal number of AGI/SU – starting with a portfolio and AGI code clean-up in 2023.
- Create and maintain clear products’ categories in supported by the BA Portfolio categorization (Star, Core, etc.) and ensure the right level of portfolio support is given based on the category.
- Regularly review value propositions of key products of each of the key portfolio, adjusting them as needed – driven by the end user KBF’s.
- Continuously look for portfolio optimization (Licensing-in & out)
- Ensure seamless connection between Marketing, CPD, Regulatory and P&S to deliver on time and in full on portfolio projects, BA Business aspirations
- Drive creation and implementation of brand laddering including local brand plans, learning from other BAs’, BU experience
- Review new business opportunities within the BA, develop the supportive business cases and discuss, align with the AME Portfolio Team
- Drive successful NPI introductions, creating NPI project teams, tracking the projects from project approval to launch and post launch as well as input in the 5YP, I-Plan
- Work with AME portfolio leads & pricing team on products’ value maximization.
- Prepare the EASA BA Portfolio Meeting & lead the PDC cycle for EASA.
Qualifications Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities Critical Experience & Knowledge
- Agronomic background with at least 5-years technical and or sales & marketing management, often customer facing,
- Crop Protection product and crop agronomy expertise
- Strong people management, influencing and leadership skills
- Language skills – must have excellent language skills, English being the key communication language.
- Key project management skills; strong understanding of customer needs, structure and business drivers
- Marketing and Business acumen
- Ability to build partnerships.
Critical Technical, Professional And Personal Capabilities
- Ability to gain buy-in across boundaries and quickly drive actions
- Self-driver who demonstrates a high degree of ownership of agreed goals
- Communicates with impact
- Strategic thinking and a good team player
- Leadership – ability to lead, coach, drive and motivate individuals, teams and customers
- Focuses on customers
- Creative, solution-oriented mind-set
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Strategic thinking
- Focus on customers
- Execution & results
- Learning agility
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.