Workers Compensation Fund Control Board
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
Pneumoconiosis Officer (x1)
- To attend to pensioners coming from their annual medical examinations at the Occupational Health & Safety Institute.
- To issue out and receive pension claim forms from the miners and their employers
- To process payments for pensioners in form of transport and rations funds during their medical examinations as provided for by the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999
- To provide information to pensioners and Silicosis Officers concerning pension claims
- To provide claim forms to certified employees by the Occupational Health & Safety Institute (OHS) for completion by the employees and employers.
- To give guidance on how to complete the forms and advise on the necessary documents required to accompany the forms.
- To check and scrutinize the information on the completed claim forms and ascertain whether the information is reliable for further processing by Manager-Occupational-Diseases.
- To open files for new claims and submit the files to the Manager-Occupational Diseases for further verification and rating of the degree of disability of the employee.
- To ensure missing information on the claim forms and other required documents are collected.
- To ensure accurate and timely input of new cases on the pension administration system (PAS)
- To receive and analyze tickets and other relevant documents received from pensioners who come for their annual check-ups and effect payment for their transport and ration
To effectively and accurately maintain records of the following:
- New certifications received from OHSI are entered in an out-going register.
- Claim forms issued out to be completed by employees and employers are entered in an in-incoming register.
- Compiled cases and opened files for submission to the Manager -ROHS and Doctors at OHSI are also recorded showing actual dates for their movements at every stage of action.
- To compile petty cash payments and submit to Head office for reimbursement.
- Payments records are made and maintained for all payments on the petty cash.
- To provide routine and requested reports to the Manager-Occupational Health.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- BSc Nursing/Social Work or it’s equivalent
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience
- Registered with the Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization
- Computer literacy
- Good Report writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 4th June, 2021.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534