Afrox Zambia Limited
Overall Job Purpose
- Management of Air Separating Unit (ASU) Plants, Dissolved Acetylene (D.A) plant, LPG and Air gases filling plants including the test shops.
- Ensure all Safety and quality management systems are maintained and improved.
- Sustainable cylinder filling of gases to always meet business quality standards and volumes.
- Maintenance of all plant and machinery to ensure safe packaging as well as product availability to all customers.
- Handling of Engineering audits and timely closure of findings.
- Sustenance of safe system of work in operations.
- People management to ensure team spirit exists in the production team and production targets are consistently achieved.
- True and accurate reporting of plant performance as required -daily, weekly, monthly.
- Ensure and maintain lowest production costs when compared to other similar sites.
Required critical behaviors or competencies
- Decision making and execution: Makes objective and fact-based decisions, involves all relevant internal and external stakeholders, executes, and follows through on decisions.
- Process, and Risk Management: Plant Superintendent builds and improves efficient plant operation processes, deals with risk responsibly.
- Hands on approach with focus on timely completion of tasks
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Demonstrates business acumen and commercial competence.
- Good written, verbal communication, customer interfacing and influencing skills.
- People management skills
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent.
- Qualified Engineer. Minimum a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent.
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least ten (10) years’ practical experience in a Manufacturing/ Process industry.
- Must have a clean and valid driving licence, defensive driving experience is an added advantage.