Cfb Medical Centre
WE ARE HIRING
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time
cfb Medical Centre is a private hospital in Lusaka seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented Pharmacy Technologist to join our staff:
To dispense pharmaceutical preparations and proprietary drugs to patients in the medical Centre following Doctors prescriptions and standard dispensing instructions.
- To dispense drugs to outpatients, to charge accordingly and receipt for monies received.
- Pack orders for the sub-units according to duty Rota.
- To assist in the ordering process – purchase orders, update bin cards and pack received goods.
- Operate computer to in-put, check and update information necessary to the smooth running of the pharmacy and dispensing activities
- Attend to call-outs and weekend dispensing according to the duty Rota.
- To maintain strict confidentiality towards all medical Centre business
- Stock, assemble and distribute medicines to support pharmacological services.
- Answer questions and requests, and forward inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Check pharmaceutical stock to assess inventory level, predict required prescriptions and supplies, make and expedite orders, verify receipt, and eliminate old pharmaceuticals.
- Follow procedures, standards, and regulations to keep the pharmacy safe and clean.
- Follow infection-control policies and practices to protect patients and workers.
- Organize medicines by readability for pharmacists to distribute.
- Read medicine orders and prescriptions prepare labels, calculate
amounts, and assemble intravenous solutions and other pharmacological treatments.
- Keep track of doctor’s instructions and medications by documenting and filing them.
- Company resources: responsible for the security and proper usage of pharmacy equipment – Fridges, Computers, Pharmaceutical drugs, supplies and chemicals
- Safety and Health of others: dispenses drugs and medicines all of which are dangerous and therefore require thorough explanation of their use. Must indicate correct dosages and issue medicines at strengths appropriate to various age and body weight groups.
- Consequence of Errors: The slightest error in issuing / dispensing could lead to devastating results, complication of illness, disability or death.
- Loss of company finances if exceptional use of drugs and supplies is not checked and reported or if unchecked issues are made
- No unauthorized issuing of drugs without payment
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes:
- Full grade 12 certificate with credit in English
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- 3 years’ work experience
- Experience in a private sector will be an added advantage
Suitable candidates should send their applications to [email protected] before 22nd January 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.