Health Haven Pharmacy Limited
Are you a fully qualified Pharmacist looking for a new opportunity?
We are urgently seeking a passionate and experienced pharmacist to join us in Lusaka!
Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to the public, educate customers on health promotion, disease prevention and the proper use of medicines, and sell over-the-counter medicines and related goods in a community pharmacy.
Provide general healthcare advice and supply prescription and non-prescription medication to the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise customers on health issues and medications.
- Keep a register of specialized drugs for stock control and legal purposes.
- Sell medicines over-the-counter.
- Counsel and advise patients on the treatment of minor ailments.
- Administer prescription medicines to the public.
- Make sure medicines dispensed correspond with the prescriptions.
- Preparing and maintaining drug inventories, ordering supplies, reviewing drug records, and preparing labels for medicines.
- Educating patients on the proper use of over-the-counter medications such as pain relievers or allergy medications.
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality.
- Efficiently organizing the pharmacy to make the identification of products easier and faster.
- Prepare medicine when required using the correct dosages and material for each patient.
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, and removing expired drugs.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Exhibit detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands.
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Holder of a valid Practicing License
- At least Two (2) years experience working as a Pharmacist
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Trustworthy and honest
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested, please submit your electronic CV and cover letter via email to [email protected]
Closing date: 15th February 2024
*Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]