Ministry of Health
THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
LUSAKA PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT – MINISTRY OF HEALTH (LUSAKA PROVINCE)
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons in Lusaka Province to fill the under listed positions:
Job Title: Pharmacist (2)
Location: Districts within Lusaka Province
Job Purpose: To provide District level pharmaceutical care and services in order to ensure availability, accessibility and accountability of medicines and medical supplies at all levels of service delivery.
Reports to: Head Clinical Care/Clinical Care Officer
- Ensures uninterrupted supply of commodities and develops strategies to strengthen redistribution of stock across facilities within and outside the District;
- Monitors and evaluates regularly activities in the delivery of Pharmaceutical Services in order to implement appropriate intervention;
- Coordinates and undertakes effectively the preparation of action plans, progress reports and annual reports in order to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of Pharmaceutical services;
- Coordinates implementation of quality assurance programmes in order to ensure adherence to safety regulations governing the proper use of pharmaceutical products;
- Performs routine technical support, supervision, mentorship and audit of medicines and medical supplies;
- Works with Provincial and District Pharmacists to ensure delivery of quality health care services and achievement of deliverables and targets and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English; Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; At least Three (3) years relevant job experience, preferable HIV/TB pharmaceutical services;
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid Practicing License;
- Computer literate (competency in using Microsoft office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge in SmartCare, eLMIS or other Logistics Systems will be an added advantage;
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills and
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest;
- Must be a team player and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested candidates currently employed under the Ministry of Health in Lusaka Province are encouraged to apply for one position only. Candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies and valid Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 14th July, 2021. An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of One (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for and applicants should provide valid phone numbers for ease of communication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Plot Number 3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573