Dangote Cement Zambia
Job Title: Personal Assistant
A personal assistant (PA), sometimes called the Executive Secretary or Personal/Private Secretary, works closely with senior managerial or directorial staff to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. Personal Assistants (PAs) often act as the Director’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Arranging travel, visa and accommodation; and occasionally traveling with the director to take notes or dictations at meetings or to provide general assistant during presentations;
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Drafting and typing Memoranda, Letters and any other communication.
- Responsible for maintaining a sound filing system for correspondence and other documents held in the office of the Plant Director.
- Receiving, recording, monitoring and co-coordinating business correspondence.
- Receiving and screening of visitors
- Screening and re-routing business and personal telephone calls appropriately
- Fixing appointments for the Plant Director.
- Scanning/Photocopying copies for Plant Director’s Office.
- General office management.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
- Grade twelve (12) School Certificate or Equivalent
- Minimum Typing Speed 45/55 wpm and Shorthand speeds 90/100 wpm
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Secretarial/Management Studies/Business Studies/Social Science will be an added advantage.
- Member of the Professional Secretaries Association of Zambia will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Three to Five (3-5) year’s experience in procurement and supply chain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadline.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.