Avani Hotels and Resorts
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
You will need to make things happen. You will be the engine of the People & Culture team assisting in the key processes that ensure the success of the department. You will be involved with driving team member engagement, learning and development and communication. You will manage administration ensuring smooth communications for the associates and the department. You may well be the first contact for our internal clients so need to be approachable and guest centric. You will be responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of our team members throughout their journey.
Recruitment and Staffing:
- Develop and implement effective recruitment and staffing strategies to attract qualified candidates.
- Coordinate and conduct job interviews, assess applicants, and make recommendations to hiring managers.
- Manage the on – boarding process for new hires, including orientation and integration into the organization.
Team Member Relations:
- Address and resolve team member issues and conflicts in a fair and timely manner.
- Foster positive team member relations by promoting open communication and a healthy work environment.
- Conduct investigations into workplace complaints and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Administer performance appraisal processes and assist in the development of performance improvement plans.
- Provide guidance to managers and team members on performance-related matters.
- Update P&C policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and organizational requirements.
- Stay informed about changes in labor laws and regulations and ensure the organization’s compliance.
People & Culture Administration:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date team member records, ensuring confidentiality and security.
- Process People & Culture -related paperwork, such as employment contracts, terminations, and other personnel actions.
Team Member Engagement:
- Implement initiatives to enhance team member engagement and satisfaction.
- Organize and participate in monthly team member recognition programs and events.
People & Culture Analytics and Reporting:
- Utilize P&C data and analytics to generate reports and insights for management decision-making.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports in a timely Manner
- Monitor and analyze P&C metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Mediate conflicts between team member and employees and provide guidance on conflict resolution strategies.
- Collaborate with other departments to address cross-functional People & Culture issues.
- Work closely with senior management
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Three to four years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong people skills
- Passion for self-development
- Computer proficient
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
All candidates are advised to include three traceable referees with mobile numbers and valid email addresses on their CV.
Closing Date: 2nd February 2024