Manages the operations and maintenance of telecommunication sites in the region to ensure high network availability as set in performance targets and managed services SLA. The incumbent monitors and controls the activities of the managed services partners and takes corrective action as necessary.
Problem and Incident Management
- Ensures 2nd level remote maintenance and restoration for power systems is provided
- Ensures technical and engineering expertise is provided to Operations teams along with guidance to identify, analyses and resolve complex power problems
Health Checks and Backups
- Coordinate the housekeeping of ALL rectifiers, generators and battery rooms and perform check-ups on power loads of the respective areas of responsibility
- Ensure the sites are always clean
- Provide expert-level support to all transmission and power system preventive maintenance activities
- Conducts Acceptance and provides Support for projects activities in the Region
Change Maintenance Support
- Monitors utilization of power resources and supervise change activities affecting power system capacity
- Perform detailed analysis into negative trends and establish the underlying root cause
- Carry out a thorough OPEX analysis and provide recommendations into areas of possible reduction
- Prepare daily and weekly activity reports
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Telecommunications/Degree in Electrical &Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Member of EIZ with a valid Practicing Certificate
- Valid ERB License
- Minimum of 3 years relevant technical experience in the telecommunication industry and expertise in DG and Cooling systems maintenance and troubleshooting. DC power, UPS’, Rectifiers and Solar Solutions fault handling
- Should have a proven track record of solving very complex power problems independently. The record should be in the form of are commendation from a senior officer, contractor or supplier management
Competencies required for this Role
- Has extensive technical knowledge in power engineering, power system design, implementation and electrical works
- Good knowledge of power system diagnosis, optimization and upgrades of telecom equipment.
- Applies broader knowledge of standards to work assignments.
- Enhances his/her technical knowledge through continuous learning
- Fully proficient with Power Infrastructure Management systems
- Identifies problems/issues.
- Strength in Commissioning, installation of telecom related electrical works
- Strength in quality inspection and site Audits and supervision
- Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches.
- Integrates/evaluates multiple factors to develop creative practical solutions.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Able to set own priorities.
- Uses discretion to complete assignments.
- Independently applies knowledge of technical practices and specialty area standards.
- Independently completes assignments.
- Exchanges complex technical information
- Provides guidance to others in work area breaking down information in a systematic/logical manner
- Cultivates good peer working relationship