Website TopFloor Zambia
Our client, a sustainable energy solutions company, is looking to hire an Operations Coordinator whose purpose will be to support the organization through logistics, transportation, inventory and facilities management.
- Oversee driver activity with regard to delivery of items.
- Oversee the timely, accurate and secure distribution of products and supplies to the required destinations.
- Perform the balancing of consignment size and delivery timing so as to optimize fuel usage.
- Perform timely reporting of inventory and shipment status.
- Perform timely distribution of the vehicle supply and demand calendar to internal customers.
- Oversee the company fuel account and perform fuel expense authorisations.
- Oversee maximization of vehicle availability through implementation of timely / regular scheduled maintenance programme and safe management of unscheduled maintenance.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance activity.
- Perform procurement of new vehicles.
- Perform vehicle monitoring and reporting (mileage, fuel consumption, tax, fitness, insurance).
- Adhere to and oversee adherence of company vehicle policies.
- Oversee inventory / storage management and reporting of company products at HQ, shops and agents.
- Oversee inventory / storage management and reporting of company headquarters and shop supplies.
- Oversee team activity with regard to inventory and storage management.
- Oversee regular internal audits and on-site inspections for inventory at HQ, sales & service centre’s and agents.
- Lead procurement of supplies (with management approval).
- Perform inbound product, spares and supplies tracking and reporting with a specific focus on making as ‘live’ and as transparent as technology will allow.
- Coordinate with NSS, Tech Team and key suppliers to optimise product/spares availability.
- Lead product packaging dialogue with marketing and product suppliers to ensure.
- Product information / branding meet defined requirements (Marketing).
- Product serial numbers and codes meet defined requirements (BAR).
- The number of items can be delivered per shipment is maximised.
Facilities Management (Security, Cleaning, Landscaping, Building Maintenance)
- Oversee team activity with regard to the maintenance of secure, safe, clean and available headquarters.
- Perform development of and oversee adherence to Health & Safety At Work Policy. Coordination & Team Supervision.
- Oversee adherence to Standard Operating Procedures amongst staff.
- Oversee timely work delivery and work quality of Operations team members.
- Oversee the maintenance of any Operations department email inboxes.
- Lead the maintenance of any Operations Manuals and documentation.
- Lead the strategizing over any Operations responsibilities.
- Lead any strategic proposals to Management and implement where agreed.
- Lead the updating of the Operations priority tracker.
- Lead and oversee Operations calendars.
- Lead Operations-specific projects.
- Lead the resolution of ad-hoc Operations issues in a timely manner.
- Perform development of Operations Standard Operating Procedures and keep them up to date.
- Perform weekly check-ins and quarterly evaluations with Operations team members.
- Perform the signing-off on time sheets of Operations staff.
- Perform any work required by the department manager.
- Perform identification of opportunities to improve and update systems and processes.
- Perform budget approvals from the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Develop and lead the maintenance of Operations budget.
- Develop and implement Operations Procedures.
- Develop monthly report and performance reports and share with Management.
- Cooperate with Finance with regard to all budget / spend approvals.
- Cooperate with HR with regard to any safety related matters.
- Cooperate with all departments with regard to forecasting of vehicle and distribution needs.
- Cooperate with HR with regards to staff performance, disciplinary and staff training matters.
- Cooperate with HR with regard to organisation of Training.
- Cooperate with HR with regard to effective delivery of staff onboarding.
- Cooperate with NSS on stock distribution requirements and to ensure correct stock and inventory management.
- Cooperate with Marketing to ensure correct stock and inventory levels.
- Cooperate with BAR with regard to provision of accurate information for monthly Key Performance Indicator reports.
- Support any priority company activities as required by company management.
- Further develop work related skills on a regular basis in order to ensure excellent work performance.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related field.
- Must have at least three to four years in the Operations, Mechanical Engineering and Supply Chain Management function.
- Should be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of fleet management, vehicle safety and maintenance and inventory management.
- Must be in possession of Manual, Class B Driver’s License which should have been held for over 2 years.
- Should have strong leadership and process management skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to organize people and resources with acceptable level of professionalism and integrity.
- Should have familiarity with facilities management.
- Should have general awareness of Health and Safety Laws of Zambia.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject before 20th August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.