First Quantum Minerals
About the job
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
To Liaise with Procurement / Warehouse personnel as well as Freight Forwarders so as to ensure that all costs associated with procured stock items are fully captured at the point of receiving and updating them into inventory by the Warehouse Receiving Team.
- Based on pre-alert documentation, ensure that purchase order line items from one or more suppliers are correctly identified as a single shipment
- Verify that our clearing agents are in possession of all pre-alert information
- Ensure accurate capture of estimated duties, agent service charges, and other non-recoverable shipping costs
- Will take over the role of expediting whenever goods are handed to freight forwarders
- Actively pursue identification of actual costs to replace estimates where estimates could not be avoided
- Take all other possible steps to ensure that full and final additional costs are recorded against stock items before final costing is triggered by receiving of goods
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Certified successful completion of secondary education
- Degree or Diploma in a business course
- ZCILT certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in an administrative environment
- Sound background in commerce, logistics and procurement operations with awareness of local and international markets.
- Problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Mining industry experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
- Excellent communication skills
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.