Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in
East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low- cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions on the Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project.
Office Manager (2)
Location: Kabwe & Kasama.
Reports to: The Senior Program Officer
The Field Office Manger shall coordinate all project field operation and manage all field level administrative and finance issues. S/he will be the point of contact and project representative in all project provincial administrative functions.
- Oversee all the operations of the field office
- Work with field office staff to develop field-level work plans that align with project priorities
- Monitor provincial project spending and ensure the project remains on scope, schedule, and budget from a field perspective
- In collaboration with the technical team:
- plan all staff schedules in order to ensure regular and effective support to Jhpiego supported project sites,
- Plan, organize and ensure effective implementation of regional trainings of Community health workers
- Organize and coordinate regular project outreach activities, advocacy and provincial program review meetings
- Ensure the adequate collection and management of facility level data
- Represent Jhpiego in provincial and district level meetings to facilitate Jhpiego interests in the province
- Ensure regular collaboration with DFZ, PHO, DHO, and other implementing partners in the province / district
- Manage the effective distribution of all project supplies to all facilities
- Work closely with the procurement, finance and other support staff in ensuring smooth operation of the field office
- Preparing lists of materials required for training, following up purchase orders and conducting inventory of materials before transportation to a training site
- Maintaining contact with community Lay workers
- Managing equipment’s and resources for the field office
- Degree in social sciences, project management or equivalent
- At least 6-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrates ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort
- knowledge of US Government regulations preferred
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Demonstrates presentation and oral communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to handle and analyze data and process documents/reports and maintain databases
- Should have some basic financial management skills
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date is Friday September 10, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org.