Workers Compensation Fund Control Board
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
Occupational Therapist (x1)
- Conducting physical, psychological, and clinical assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding the required modifications for ease of client adaptability in their acquired condition.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Developing physical and emotional rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills
- Preparing clients for return to work programme (reintegration into the labour market).
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and the technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with relevant legislation and local certification requirements
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.
- Protect the individual’s beliefs and values and the right to confidentiality, privacy, respect, and dignity.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate.
- BSc Degree in Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy/Nursing or it’s equivalent
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Team player
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 4th June 2021.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534