Website Alliance For Children Everywhere Zambia
Alliance for Children Everywhere-Zambia
Alliance for Children Everywhere-Zambia (ACE-Z), is a faith based, non-profit organization which was formed in 1998. The primary goal of ACE–Z is to mitigate and intervene in the pressing needs of orphans and vulnerable children. ACE-Z’s unique approach to dealing with vulnerable children is premised on the promotion of family-based care for children. ACE-Z is a leading organization in promoting family-based care for children model and works in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MCDSS)
Job Title: Nurse
Duties And Responsibilities
- Diagnose and treat children’s minor ailments
- Closely monitor the growth and progress of the children and be able to identify those with special needs
- Recommend to management, specialized care that could be needed for particular child/children
- Develop individual development plans for each child with focus on child functional development
- Work with Social Services department
a. In preparing the children and their Foster/adoptive/ biological families for discharge or reintegration
b. In preparing the children for referral to other institutions
- Consistently ensure that the children’s environment is clean
- Formulate, maintain and update inventory in the nurseries
- Conduct routine hygiene activities for infants under the age of 6 months’
- Directly Supervise caregivers
- Clearly outline handovers after every shift in Nurse handover note book
- Receive and admit children with guidance from Social Worker In Charge of the transit homes
- Carry out Feeding of babies and infants and demonstrate feeding techniques to transit homes’ caregivers
- Closely monitor the health status of infants and Inform managers about ailing babies
- Good clinical practice
- Good medicine management
- Able to prepare nursing care plans for children
- Driving skill will be an added advantage (Valid Drivers License)
- A Diploma in Registered Nursing
- Fully Registered with latest Practicing License by the Zambia Union of Nurses Organization (ZUNO)
- A qualification and experience in Psychosocial Counseling (especially involving children) will be an added advantage
- Zambia Enrolled Nurses with Midwifery Qualifications are also encouraged to apply
- Two (2) years proven work experience
Note: Only candidates meeting the ab0ve requirements need apply to the below email address, no hand delivered applications will be allowed.
Send an Application Letter, certified copies of Academic and Professional Qualifications and Curriculum Vitae, addressing your application to the Executive Director. Email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Friday, 15th October, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.