The Manager – Project Management Office (PMO) position works as part of a bigger team within the innovations and product delivery hub of the ICT directorate. The role maintains and clearly defines the Authority’s ICT project management standards throughout the process of each project’s growth and implementation. They supervise the work of all ICT project management office staff and oversee the adherence to the Authority’s ICT project management governance for every project developed and executed within the innovations and product delivery hub.
- Collaborate with other directorate leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects.
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Analysing financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Providing financial reports and budget outlines to the executives.
- Overseeing the development of the project and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the Authority’s standards.
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes.
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting the Authority standards, adhering to budgets, meeting timelines, and expected quality of deliverables.
- Accurately documenting the project’s creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project’s scope, budget, and justification.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the overall ICT strategy through the provision of input into the construction of the Programme/Project Portfolio aimed at delivering the Authority’s strategic intent to ensure the operations of the ICT directorate, and the innovations and product delivery hub, support the implementation of the overall Authority strategy.
- Develop project management collateral that include issue and risk management strategies to enhance proactiveness in the management of project timelines, quality standards, and other project deliverables.
- Implement recommendations coming from the ICT Audit Report and information security unit findings to ensure the Authority’s information is always protected.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ Levels with credit or better inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science/Business Administration or equivalent
- Project Management Professional Certification in PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner or equivalent in similar project management methodologies
- Certification in ITIL Foundation or Practitioner
- Other Relevant IT Certifications.
- Must be a member of the Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ) with a valid practicing license.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management or PMO management experience in a similar position in an organisation with a similar size of operations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.