DEPARTMENT : Networks
VACANCY : Network Operations Manager
LEVEL : Senior Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
Provide Operations & Maintenance leadership through Controlling, Managing and Supporting day to day network operations to ensure +1 customer experience through as high as possible network availability, operational excellence as well as efficiency in network operation processes and cost
REPORTING TO THE NETWORKS DIRECTOR, THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
- Day to day management of all Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners (SPs) to deliver optimal availability and plus1 Customer experience.
- Prepare and manage the annual operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems
- Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP (Process Management)
- Regulatory Compliance
- Partner Management
- Build a capable and motivated team to create a high performance team environment
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- 5 years of varied experience in Operation and Maintenance in the Telecom industry across varied domains such e.g. field operations, network operations centre, quality assurance, core network, passive network and telecommunications power.
- 3 years’ managerial experience in a GSM/Mobile company.
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Solid knowledge of passive network infrastructure, and telecommunications power.
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Critical thinker and logical decision maker
- Flexible and accommodative to new ideas
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Go-getter and self-started
- Communication Skills
- Cost consciousness, quality oriented
- Prudent delegator who empowers team and partners achieve results
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receiving applications is 23rd September, 2021.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.