Zambia Catholic University
The Zambia Catholic University seeks to recruit results-oriented persons for the position of Human Resources Officer and Personal Assistant/ Secretary to the Vice Chancellor
1. HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (X1)
The job holder will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of human resource policies and practices to achieve harmonious industrial relations and efficient functioning of the University.
The following are the main duties of the position:
1. Providing input in the formulation and implementation of human resource policies, strategies and procedures.
2. Facilitating staff recruitment and induction
3. Providing advice in the administration of disciplinary and grievance procedures.
4. Assisting in the identification of employee training needs
5. Explaining employment standards and terms and conditions of employment.
6. Performing other tasks in line duty.
Qualification and experience
The post holder shall have:
1. Grade 12 level of education
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or similar Social Science
3. At least five years in a similar position
4. Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
1. Good oral and written communication skills in the English language
2. Reliable and self – motivated
3. A team player
4. Must be a practicing Christian.
2. PERSONAL ASSISTANT/SECRETARY TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR (X1)
Suitably qualified candidates are invited for the position of Personal Assistant/ Secretary to the Vice Chancellor at the Zambia Catholic University.
The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University. The Personal Assistant/Secretary provides to the Office of the Vice Chancellor, a wide range of administrative duties to support and enhance efficiency.
The following attributes are required for the post- holder of the position of Personal Assistant/Secretary:
1. Mature and sober character
2. Honesty and integrity
3. Excellent interpersonal communication skills
4. Ability to multi-task
5. Good organization skills
6. Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
7. Proactive and use of initiative
8. Tact and diplomacy
9. Good time management
The post – holder should have the following qualifications:
1. Grade 12 (College Entry) with at least a Credit in English Language and Mathematics
2. Full Secretarial Diploma from a recognized/ registered institution
3. At least eight years working experience in an executive office
4. Driving licence
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, complete with copies of Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates, and references should be forwarded, by 15th July, 2022 to:
The Zambia Catholic University
P.O. Box 260410
Or email: [email protected]