Website Oak University
Oak University is recruiting suitable candidates for the following positions;
1. Bursar (x1)
Manages cashiering, student financial records and services, and centralized accounts receivable systems for the university. Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in keeping complete books of tuition fees and other receipts for the university.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the overall operations of student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the university.
- Provides direction and leadership in financial management, financial policies review and changes; conducts special studies as required; ensures compliance with university regulations and standard accounting procedures.
- Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information to the university community and to external funding agencies.
- Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and procedures; may serve on university planning and policy-making committees.
- Encourages customer-oriented staff interaction with students, parents, and administrators.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of accounts staff.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Represents the University to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the university.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting or Finance related Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA preferred.
- Member of ZICA.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting packages.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of monetary and fiscal policies of the government and their impact on the education sector.
- Knowledge of university financial policies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and practices.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures as relates to finance and finance department.
- Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
2. Librarian (x1)
Academic librarians are responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users. Academic librarianship is a people-focused role, requiring individuals to manage learning resources while keeping the library users’ needs in mind. Duties vary considerably according to the size of library.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources.
- Answering readers’ enquiries.
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications.
- Management of staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties.
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers.
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg. staff, postgraduate students, disabled students).
- Managing budgets and resources for the library.
- Supporting independent research and learning.
- Developing IT facilities.
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
- Promoting the library’s resources to users.
Qualifications and Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in library studies or information management systems.
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) added advantage.
- 3 years post qualification experience or 1 year of already chartered.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet.
- Team-working and management skills.
- Assessment of resources and library users’ needs.
- Presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example ICT resources or resource ordering.
3. Marketing Officer (x1)
Responsible for the implementation of marketing functions of the University.
- Promotes academic programmes and services using various media platforms.
- Prepares and designs the University marketing strategy.
- Designs various marketing tools.
- Uploads and monitors contents of the website.
- Organises and facilitates marketing and publicity of University events.
- Conducts marketing research surveys for the University.
- Analyses target groups, institutions and their various educational needs
- Conducts and arranges media briefings in liaison with the Manager.
- Liaises with various media houses that would assist in marketing
- Participates in the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
- Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing;
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience;
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Marketing
4. IT Officer (x1)
IT Officer is primarily responsible for the smooth running of computer and other systems at the University Campus, ensuring users are properly supported in a timely manner, responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- replacing computer hardware parts as required;
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- supporting the roll-out of new software/applications;
- supporting the use of School management systems
- setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Website and email account maintenance for staff
- Minimum diploma in IT or the equivalent qualification; any of the Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCDA; CCNA); ITIL certification.
- Minimum 2 years in similar position
- Able to work with minimum supervision,
- technically sound, understanding of the school information systems landscape;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.