University of Lusaka
Passion for Quality Education, Our Driving Force
The University of Lusaka is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates who are highly motivated and passionate about making a mark in the education sector to lecture in the following fields on a Full-Time basis in the School of Education, Social Sciences and Technology;
1. Current Issues in Development
2. Nutrition and Food Security
3. Introduction to Development
4. Governance and Development
5. Aid, Foreign Investment and Development
To be considered for the above-mentioned course, one should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies.
- Master of Arts in Development Studies, Masters in International Development or it’s equivalent.
- Ph.D. in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching/Lecturing methodology
- At least five (5) years experience of lecturing at the tertiary level.
- Five (5) years industrial experience in a position which deals highly in business communication.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Develop as well as improve course outlines and teaching materials for the assigned courses.
- Supervise and assess both postgraduate and undergraduate students’ research work and should be able to teach the assigned courses
- Prepare lesson plans at the start of each semester for the assigned courses.
Key Qualities and skills:
- Self-motivated and resourceful with strong intellectual ability
- Ability to research and create new knowledge
- Should be a goal-getter and a team player
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be articulate and have strong interpersonal skills
- High level of planning and organizing skills
- Good computer skills
- Passionate about lecturing and research
An attractive and competitive package will be offered commensurate with one’s qualification and experience.
The University will only consider candidates that will show that they have a strong industrial background, which will help them impart theoretical and practical skills to their students.
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with copies of their educational & professional certificates, and Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees to the undersigned, on or before 9th April 2021.
University of Lusaka
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media
P O Box 36711, Lusaka Zambia
Email: [email protected]
“Passion for Quality Education, Our Driving Force”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.