1. Operations Manager
Our Hotel on the Copperbelt seeks to recruit a Hotel Operations Manager to join the team.
As the Hotel Operations Manager you will assist with the smooth day to day running of all Hotel operations.
The Hotel Operations Manager will have a background in Hotels with Food & Beverage operational experience and excellent people management & leadership skills.
To meet the challenge of this role you will have:
- 2 years’ experience working in the industry working at management level or above in a recognized Hotel
- Passion for and understanding of hospitality industry and what it takes to deliver it
- Empathetic with good communication skills and gravitas to take control when needed
- Quick thinking, resourceful and able to solve problems ’in the moment’
Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
- Able to work positively and collaboratively as part of a team
Willing to work in rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
Good knowledge of spoken and written English
2 years’ experience working in the industry working at management level or above
- Strong people management skills and will be someone who enjoys inspiring, developing and motivating a team
- Experience of planning, developing and implementing new initiatives
Up to date knowledge of statutory obligations
- A proven track record in exceptional service delivery and achieving goals and objectives
- Proficient in hotel software
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in Hotel Management from a well-recognized institute
- Basic computer skills and industry related reporting software
- Basic knowledge with a POS System
- Basic knowledge with Open table
- Industry related certifications
You will be accountable for:
- Organizing the logistics for our Hotel
- Leading the team to consistently deliver quality service
- Making sure that no guest leaves the hotel unhappy, through prompt and graceful guest recoveries
- Staying focused on the financial aspects of the department and achieving set targets
- Ensuring the correct food, beverage and staffing is ordered for each event
- Holding motivating team briefings, and assigning responsibilities so that teams are fully briefed on the event and set up for success delivering to client specifications and Hotel standards
- Training, empowering and inspiring your team so that that all operating standards, grooming standards and extraordinary service levels are achieved
- Developing and empowering your team to manage guest recovery situations promptly and gracefully
- Being visible in the operation and taking ownership of the success of the event start to finish
- Complying with all the food hygiene, health & safety policies
- Ensuring there is good communication day to day within your team and across the hotel
- Supporting the General manager in ensuring financial goals are being achieved and applying corrective actions if needed
- Producing post event reports on performance highlighting any challenges, praise, timings, food served, and revenues.
2. Front Desk Operator
We are currently looking for a passionate FONT DESK OPERATOR to join our team of committed and hardworking workforce; to provide enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and prompt service.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications/qualities:
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Must have a minimum of a certificate in Hotel Management or Front Desk Operations
- Proven working experience (at least 2 year) as a Hotelier
- Administration and customer service skills
- IT skills to work with computerized booking and payment systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional telephone skills
- Friendly and pleasant personality
- Ability to you can speak many languages including foreign will be an added advantage
3. Group Accountant
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, collections, supplier payments, budgeting, and other related aspects) are followed. The Accountant ensures business finances are handled in a manner that is cost-effective, timely, with proper internal controls and complies with any set terms. The Accountant will perform the daily cash management functions required in maintaining Renaissance bank accounts. The Accountant will directly report to the Head of Operations and will work hand-in-hand with a supporting Accounting firm.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements timely
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Diploma in Accounting, related field or equivalent and 1- 3 years of experience.
- Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
- Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred), Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Verbal and written fluency in English, along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.