Website Kids Alive Zambia
Who we Are
Kids Alive (www.kidsalive.org) is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to rescue orphans and vulnerable children, and meet their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs, with compassion and excellence.
1. Position: Human Resources Trainee/Intern (6 months)
The Human Resources (HR) Intern will assist in the recruitment, support and developing talent through managing procedures. Human resources (HR) intern will assist in the dissemination of policies and procedures as well as support the performance processes.
The position will also make a positive contribution towards the organization’s Christian ethos and witness.
1) Policy implementation and awareness
- Assist the Senior Manager Human Resources in the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures as well as its comprehensive operationalization across Kids Alive Zambia.
- Assist in the implementation of the wellness policy and align with selected policies as assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of Child protection and safeguarding policies and materials.
2) Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assist in the preparing of job descriptions, ensuring they are fully signed and filed and other recruitment processes (prescreening and arranging for interviews with the Senior Manager HR.
- Support processes for all internships and maintain a database
- Assist in the effective implementation of onboarding plans for new employees and manage staff exit processes
3) Leave and exit Management
- Assist in leave management (annual, sick, mother’s day, maternity/Paternity, special etc.).
- Create a leave database and ensure its up to update
- Assist in ensuring that annual leave approvals are obtained as required and respective employees communicated to accordingly.
- Facilitate employee exit processes ensure they are fully signed, copies submitted for payments and a filed.
4) Employee welfare and engagement
- Work hand in hand with the finance team to ensure that timesheets for temporal employee (if any) are submitted in time.
- Assist in the implementation of HR initiatives and systems i.e. employee recognition and reward (Labor Day awards, and other notable recognitions.
- Assist in organizing for meetings as may be assigned
- Take minutes in the said meetings
5) Training and Performance management
- Assist in the development of plans for training and development programs to track employees that require capacity building or training.
- Assist in performance management processes and ensure that all performance plans and appraisal forms are filed in all respective staff files.
- Create a performance management database for easy tracking of performance.
- File, maintain and audit employee records
- Uphold all child protection and safeguarding protocols and ensure sharing of all relevant information to all staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience, skills, competencies and attributes
- Diploma in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or its equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience is added advantage
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Microsoft packages.
- A strong team player and committed to diversity, equal opportunity and capacity building.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills, eye for detail and result oriented
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
2. Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – One-year contract renewable
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will ensure that all programmes have clear concepts, implementation plans with time bound milestones. You will develop monitoring plans and coordinate all monitoring processes and visits to ensure they capture evidence of successes and failures. You will help transform statistical and narrative data into real life cases of children and families while keeping a tab of the system or policy environment that influences the welfare of children. The role will document evidence of programmes, and Sponsorship as well as ensure lessons learnt across the sites are analyzed for management decision making while stimulating learning.
You will make a positive contribution towards the organization’s Christian ethos and witness.
1) Development, Implementation & Planning
- Support data management and reporting for program quality assessments/initiatives.
- Provide evidence to inform project strategies and work plans aligned with project objectives
- Support the development of donor reports and other organization wide reporting
- Ensure that all sites have clear annual, quarterly, and monthly plans that draw from the KAZ strategic plan.
- Work with the country leadership in developing new programme ideas based on lessons learnt and available opportunities and translate the same in well outlined project concept notes.
- Develop a monitoring and Evaluation framework and necessary matrices together with data collection tools necessary for the KAZ strategy and every active project.
- Ensure that theories of change and smart performance indicators are developed.
- Draw up a robust plan for monitoring, evaluation and learning activities consistent with the programme standards.
2) Technical Assistance and Evidence Reporting
- Provide technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning.
- Lead the Project teams in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices for continuous program improvement.
- Participate and facilitate budget tracking by assessing funding against expenditure and impact as well as share with Senior Management for decision making.
- Resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Be responsible for putting monitoring and evaluation systems in place to ensure correct, timely and accurate evaluation of progress toward objectives.
- Design research and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of KAZ programs
- Ensuring the delivery of new M&E services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements.
- Ensure consistency and timeliness in collection of data through established protocols.
- Coordinate scheduled and assigned monitoring and verification visits by local country staff and external visitors.
- Provide evidence-based briefs to the Senior Manager -Programme Quality and Partnerships on programme trends and provide sound recommendations for improvement.
- Create and improve data systems collection, storage, use to increase effectiveness and scalability of M&E systems
- Organize learning events for project sites
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports are accurately completed and submitted
3) Knowledge and Information Management
- Create spaces for programme review and facilitate deep reflection on programmes.
- Ensure that all both internal and external lessons are well documented and shared with all key staff.
- Create folders and central files for programme pictures and videos depicting evidence of our programmes.
- Analyse and process data collected periodically as scheduled.
- Ensure management of the KAZ repository
- Identify case studies and success stories from project reports and activities
- Support team members to review and rewrite case studies and success stories
- Support knowledge asset identification, archiving and retrieval to ensure organizational
- Knowledge Management tools are consistently used
- Develop and update project newsletters (internal and external) in liaison with Communications Officer.
- Build staff and stakeholder capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Demography, Development Studies, Statistics or equivalent.
- Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- 2-5 experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs.
- Understanding of donor regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills
- 2 years’ experience in budget management, planning and managing development programs as well as in report writing and documentation
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing – Excellent analytical skills
- Fluency in oral and written English and ability to communicate in any Zambian language.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good communication, organization and analytical skills
- A team player, proactive, courteous and available
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results
A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children.
Full alignment with the driving mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International, the Bible, Christian theology, statement of faith, and practice as stated on our website at www.kidsalive.org/meet-kidsalive/about/what-we-believe/ and www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about
A commitment to champion and contribute towards the KA organizational culture.
Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all.
Integrity and strong character confirmed by employment and personal references.
Candidates that fulfill the above selection criteria should send their application letter, CV, copies of certificates to [email protected] by 3rd February, 2022 at 17:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, includes rigorous background checks, which reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuse.
Kids Alive Zambia is a legitimate employer, should you be asked for a fee during any stage of the application and/or recruitment process report to the relevant authorities or Kids Alive Zambia. If you are asked for money do not proceed with the process.
To apply for this job email your details to KAZrecruit@kidsalive.org.