International School of Lusaka
International School of Lusaka
Learning today, leading tomorrow. Since 1963.
Employment Opportunities – Multiple Positions
We are recruiting for the following positions:
1. Social Experience Coordinator
This position is responsible for managing a wide range of events for the school, efficiently handling planning and logistics while also building and celebrating ISL’s diverse staff and student community. The main role will be to oversee all aspects of the After School Activity. Duke of Edinburgh, Field Trips and Summer School programmes, as well as any other school activities. Applicants for this position must have a minimum of the following:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution
- A relevant qualification from an accredited provider
- At least two years work experience in a similar field
- ATCZ or other teaching qualification is an advantage
2. Stores Officer
This position oversees all tasks associated with the receiving, checking, monitoring, storing, and distribution of goods in the school while maintaining an effective system of accountability for stocks He/she must prepare weekly, monthly and incidental reports on all stores operations and submits to the Purchasing Officer for budgeting control purposes. The employee must be a member of The Chartered Institute and Purchasing and Supply. Applicants for this position must have a minimum of the following:
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum Diploma in Purchasing and Supply management or related field
- 2 years relevant experience
3. Executive Administrative Assistant
To manage an efficient administrative system for the Senior Management Team and Board of Governors and to facilitate and administer communication to all staff within the School, providing secretarial support to administrative and governance structures within the school Applicants for this position must have a minimum of the following
- Diploma in secretarial administration or equivalent
- Computer literacy-Google G-Suite, calendars, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, Publisher, Internet
- Strong English literacy skills: reading writing. listening, speaking, note-taking
- Knowledge and experience with EdAdmin, OpenApply and/or ManageBac is an advantage
4. Safeguarding and Policy Consultant
ISL requires specialised consultancy services to review our existing policy frameworks for Gender, Safeguarding. SEA and Child Online Protection; recommend and draft updated policies; and conduct training for all school staff on the same The Individual will conduct a thorough review of ISL policies, benchmarking them with sector best practices and identifying areas of weakness, gaps, or inconsistencies. S/he will draft new policy documents to bring ISLs policy framework up to date, and will work closely with the Head of School and Board of Governors to finalise the same. S/he will also provide training and support to ISL staff to understand and implement the updated pallcles. The consultant is expected to perform the in close collaboration with the school counsellor and the safeguarding team Specific Tasks will include:
1) Desk review of ISL policies and procedures benchmarked against sector best practices
2) Solicit feedback, perceptions and opinions on gender issues, safeguarding and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) at ISL from students, parents and staff, through focus groups, surveys, and/or other methods.
3) Present findings and recommendation to the Board of Governors and ISL staff
4) Draft updated policy documents with guidance and feedback from the Head of School, counsellors and Board of Governors
5) Develop procedures and tools to ensure appropriate implementation and monitoring
6) Train ISL staff on policies and procedures and provide a period of follow-up support as determined together with the Head of School, Safeguarding focal point, and Board of Governors.
Application details and procedure
Further details for all positions can be found on the website: Isl.sch.zm. Interested candidates should submit their application as a single pdf attachment (letter of introduction max 1 page, CV max 2 pages, current referees/references with contact information max 1 page) by email to the Human Resource and Administration Officer, International School of Lusaka ([email protected]).
Applicants MUST include the position applied for in the subject box/subject line. The closing date for applications is 21st October 2022.