Zambian Youth Platform
The Zambian Youth Platform (ZYP) is a national network whose aim is to amplify young people’s movements, influence governance, and promote their contribution and leadership in the economic, social, and political development of Zambia; and advocate for the protection of adolescent’s rights and dignity. We Multiply the Faces and Amplify the Voices of Zambian adolescents and young people at all levels.
Formed in 2015 and registered in 2016, ZYP is currently the largest adolescent/youth network in the country. The membership stands at – individual members 4916 and institutions 149 members in total dotted across Zambia; these include youth-led/focussed organisations, community clubs, student unions and other FBOs/CBOs dotted around the country. It has coordination offices in all the ten (10) provinces.
1. Community Facilitator (21 Positions)
Reports to: Programmes Officer
Location: Sesheke, Senanga, Solwezi, Limulunga, Mazabuka, Mongu and Kaoma
The Community Accountability Projects, (W-CAP and Y-CAP) are multi-year projects which seek to embark on Community Led Monitoring (CLM) in seven stated districts. The CLM implementation will be based on the ZYP accountability framework to generate evidence through CLM also known as community based research – Community-based research which is essential for ensuring that policy-makers and program planners are well informed as to: (1) the health needs of the communities that their policies and programmes are aimed to reach; and (2) the real impact, availability, accessibility, affordability, acceptability, quality and effectiveness of the health services and policies they currently are (or plan to be) delivering. Beyond informing others, community-based research is also an important source of information for communities to guide services, advocacy and actions
Zambian Youth Platform is looking to recruit innovative, motivated and self-driven individuals to fill (21) community facilitator positions:
The position of Community Facilitator is part of ZYP strategy to ensure adolescents and young people are placed at the center of the health response to warrant instant feedback and utilization of local solutions which come from the communities themselves. The positions are based in Sesheke, Senanga, Solwezi, Limulunga, Mazabuka, Mongu and Kaoma Districts, under the Western Community Accountability Project, (W-CAP) and Youth Community Accountability Project (Y-CAP)
The community facilitators are required to provide the link between ZYP and the community in areas where the project activities are implemented. This is to ensure facilitation of all the W-CAP and Y-CAP activities done within the community are helping and improving health programmes in terms of strengthening community participation in their health outcomes and improved data for quality programme decisions. Additionally, the community facilitators must be able to live in the community as part of ZYP’s national Strategy which ensure community project ownership.
- Mobilizing communities and facilitating on ZYP organised programmes to ensure the mandate of ZYP is achieved.
- Organise and facilitate Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and or In-Depth Interviews (IDIs) to ensure data bank that assist the project quality delivery.
- Develop and administer Community Score Cards (CSCs) which ensure identified health care delivery gaps are addressed.
- Develop and facilitate administration of anonymous CSCs to ensure instant health beneficiaries feedback.
- Facilitating planning, implementation, data collection and monitoring of the project in the assigned area/s of operation.
- Facilitating effective participation of adolescents, young people, communities and stakeholders in programme activities.
- Coordination of programme activities and networking with the communities.
- Establishing good working relations with adolescents, Community based Organizations (CBOs), relevant government departments and other stakeholders at community levels.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings and networks at community levels. Identifying key project risks within the area of operation and putting in appropriate control measures to manage them.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Development Studies or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment.
- Ability to organize own work and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of Language, Cultural beliefs and values of community one is operating in.
- Must be a Team player.
- Facilitation skills (Meetings, workshops & seminars).Proficient in Computer skills.
- Building good relationships with various community groups.
- Identifying the potential of community groups to deliver specific programs that promote the health fulfillment of adolescents and young people.
- Ability to resolve conflicts
2. Programs Officer
ZYP seeks a candidate of the highest integrity, with passion for adolescent and youth programming and professionalism who share the organisation principle of service to the young people. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and equal opportunities for all.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Programmes Officer will lead project officers and volunteers to deliver the expected outcomes of all ZYP projects. This include and not limited to management of the teams, volunteers and human and other resources necessary to ZYP programmes.
To support and provide programme Leadership in providing effective and inspirational leadership for the Zambian Youth Platform in the general management and projects implementation in close collaboration and supervision of the Head of Programmes and other senior members of staff. The post holder will also collaborate with project officers and community facilitators, volunteers, community partners, government departments relevant to ZYP programmes, and other stakeholders to promote ZYP’s vision, mission, and values to ensure optimal programme implementation. S/he will support strategic planning and programme development. The position holder will also collaborate with external stakeholders at provincial level.
The role of the Programme Officer (PO) is to lead the implementation of the ZYP’s programmes, by providing management oversight and strategic direction on behalf of the ZYP Senior Leadership Team. The SPO will also contribute to strengthening and developing innovative strategies to effectively execute programmes across all operational areas and achieve high standards in all aspects of programme delivery and in adhering to ZYP’ values and norms at all times.
- Lead in the planning and consolidation of the plans for all programmes. Projects in close collaboration with project officers and volunteers.
- Prepare and consolidate programme reports on intervals as may be prescribed or dictated.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Project Officers and ensure compliance with programme standard operating procedures, organizational guidelines, and policies in their respective operational sites.
- To coach and mentor Project Officers to ensure optimal delivery of the projects.
- Supervise Project Officers to ensure the smooth running of the projects and programmes.
- To coordinate and deliver agreed districts, provincial, national plans or strategies with considerable strategic input.
- To ensure timely implementation of all programme activities through the development and agreed work plans and effective resource management with support from the Monitoring and Evaluation manager, determines training needs, technical support and other support for programme operatives to improve programme quality.
- To identify and communicate problems and issues in the delivery of the programmes/projects and respond to these appropriately; Advise the Head of Programme Delivery on issues arising in the Programmes/projects which affect the proper operation of the programmes/projects.
- To provide feedback on the lessons learned from the implementation of field activities and make recommendations for improvements as required. Perform adhoc assignments as may be determined by management.
Collaboration and support
- Supporting and developing community facilitators capacity, mentorship and technical support to Project Officers.
- To work alongside other NGOs, government and international partners to share best practice and further the interests and reach of ZYP, engaging with departments of Government of Zambia and other major stakeholders in adolescent health in the Province and nation.
- To represent ZYP in meetings, programmes organised by NGOs, partners, Government line ministries, Traditional leaders, Communities and beneficiaries at Provincial and National Level. Coordinate Provincial and National Monitoring Support visits to Programmes.
- To support the Head of Programmes Delivery in the preparation of country detailed Annual implementation plans (AIPs), monitoring and reporting of progress against organizational goals and objectives and to prepare the annual budget and forecasts.
- To support the Head of Programmes in the continued review and development of programme policy and guidance of ZYP.
- To participate in the personal development review process and to identify learning and development needs.
- Provides support and interacts with the Programme operatives, Monitoring and Evaluation manager, and other key program staff
Standard minimum qualifications
Degree in development studies, Social Sciences or other field relevant to social development. Work experience and/or trainings/courses would be added advantage.
National Professional: Fluency in British English language and at least any three predominant local languages.
Desired experience for entry into the role
One year experience in managing multiple programmes/projects or other relevant development area one year experience in a project management, with proven results in achieving programme milestone.
QUALIFIED YOUNG PEOPLE ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values in terms of service to adolescents and young people. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
ZYP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at ZYP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, ZYP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development
Terms and conditions
The applicant should be a Zambian national. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted online on Use British English language only Indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)Attach copies of your qualification.
ZYP intern staff are encouraged to apply for this position.
ZYP staff on Full Time contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another Full Time position. By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process
3. Senior Accountant
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: ZYP Headquarters – Choma, Southern Province
Provides fiscal support on grants and contracts to the Zambian Youth Platform. Works with and supports the Finance and Administration Manager, programs team and staff in developing, implementing and providing ongoing financial oversight to Grants Management operations ensuring the appropriate use and accurate reporting of all financial transactions on grants and contracts.
Perform under limited supervision a wide range of financial tasks.
- Provides technical Financial support to sub grantees.
- Prepares financial reports as required by the donors/partners.
- Coordinates the budgeting process and detail for assigned grants.
- Evaluates the financial capabilities of sub grantees and for contract approval.
- Monitors and performs sub grantees site visits reviews budgets and reimbursement requests for appropriateness and ensures sub grantees are in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures and sound business practices.
- Manages contract agreements and ensures that the terms and conditions of agreements are met and properly documented and communicated.
- Coordinates with Finance and Administration Manager and program staff to ensure that transactions are properly recorded and agree to grant/contract agreements while ensuring sub grantees financial activities adhere to deliverable deadlines.
- Approves invoices and expenses related to various projects managed. Provides information to finance staff to assist in month and close activities.
- Prepares invoices and requests for payments to funding agencies and reconcile grant expense to funder reports.
- Protects Organizational values by keeping information confidential. Maintains efficient electronic and paper filing systems for financial records.
- Supervises the Finance Officer.
- Performs Any other duties as requested with appropriate sense of humor, positive and professional attitude and team spirit.
- Full grade 12 Certificate /form 5 school certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘0’ level credits including English Language and Mathematics
- Minimum finalist in ZICA, ACCA or CIMA, Degree in Business Administration/Accountancy from any a reputable and recognized University will be an added advantage) Must be a ZICA Member.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Similar field of which one year must be in Management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software packages and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Strong knowledge and training in donor regulations and policies such as US Government, GIZ, Global Fund, etc. Strong communication skills
4. Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: ZYP Headquarters – Choma, Southern Province
As part of ZYP’s growth to nationally make youth impact at scale, we are strengthening our internal capacity to support an effective monitoring, evaluation and learning system. The role of the M&E Manager will be to develop, review and implement a robust monitoring, evaluation & learning framework and tools to facilitate measurement of progress.
- The M&E Manager will work on a full-time basis under the direction of the Executive Director, towards effective implementation of ZYP programmes/projects and Strategic Plan.
- The holder of the position will play a major role in providing technical support to programs/projects delivery using appropriate M&E tools and processes, and building capacity for monitoring & evaluation among project/programme staff and Sub-Grantees.
- S/he will be expected to assist Program Manager in ensuring sound project planning, monitoring and evaluation of progress and technical reporting.
- The incumbent will also offer leadership in programme/project baseline/assessment, Data Quality Assessments, evaluations, action planning and performance reporting to both ZYP management and Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager will provide technical support to all the monitoring, evaluation and learning functions of ZYP so as to ensure that the implementation of the Programs/projects meets the highest standards, and in particular;
- Monitoring – Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring frameworks and performance monitoring plans to track programs/projects outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Evaluation – Take lead in the design and implementations of evaluations, Baselines and other special assessments.
- Learning– Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within ZYP based on key data from the performance management system for continuous improvement of programme delivery.
- Reporting– Provide regular update reports to senior management on the progress of programs/projects status implementation against the goal and objectives, and areas for improvement. The Manager will also work with the different Departments in preparing performance reports for the Board. Additionally, the incumbent will work with Programmes Manager to ensure timely and quality technical reports as per ZYP standards and donor requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development of a comprehensive MEL Plan and System for ZYP, programs/projects;
- Undertake field monitoring visits to the projects sites and sub-grantees; Under Spot-Check, supervision and supportive monitoring visits;
- Undertake routine Data Quality Assessments; Establishes effective knowledge management mechanisms including documentation of baselines, outcomes/impacts;
- Take charge of collating and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place for ZYP Programs/projects;
- Assist the Senior Management Team in tracking, consolidating and uploading/sending of programs/projects technical progress reports to relevant stakeholders and donors;
- Conduct Baselines, special assessments and evaluations for ZYP Programs/projects;
- to project evaluations and consultancies; Maintaining up to date database for ZYP Projects;
- Take lead in MEL capacity building activities for ZYP Project staff;
- Convene and facilitate learning events for ZYP staff to strengthen implementation delivery and capturing of best practices; Writing monitoring reports;
- and Perform other relevant duties as requested by ZYP Executive Director.
Degree in an appropriate field of development studies and social sciences; Professional training in Monitoring and Evaluation; At least 4 years’ professional experience in project/programme M&E design.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience in setting up organizational, programs/projects MEL Frameworks and systems;
- Knowledge of logical framework and theory of change; Good management and coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to network and to develop and maintain strong relationships with field staff;
- Possession of strong organisational, reporting and analytical skills;
- Knowledge in use of data management and analysis software e.g. SPSS, STATA and Excel or related software; Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- Experience and skills in training and transfer of knowledge;
- Willingness to participate in field activities/surveys and travel to remote areas of Zambia;
Internal – Interacts on a regular basis with Senior Management Team.
External– Interacts with National Government Institutions, Donors, specialists/consultants, and other stakeholders, in collaboration with the ZYP Senior Management Team.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letter and detailed CV quoting Reference Number and day-time telephone number via the provided link: Follow the link below https://zyplatform.org/employer/careers/
Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit zyplatform.org.