Website Afya Mzuri
1. Finance And Administration Manager – Lusaka Office
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and mature professional to take up the senior role of Finance & Administration Manager. The role involves implementing procedures, policies and regulations in the organization involving budget, accounting, finance, administration and management. The position will include evaluating and editing the organization’s annual budget, implementing and controlling the accounting management, training and supervising finance teams, supervising financial management of projects and accounts, preparing quarterly and annual reports, supervising salaries and employee benefits. The incumbent will be required to work in consultation with the Executive Director in his/her leadership and representation roles.
Minimum skills, qualifications and experience required:
- A successful candidate must possess a Bachelors degree in financial accounting, ACCA Level III, CIMA or accountancy related field from a reputable institution.
- He/she must have at least 5 years’ professional experience in finance, as well as 3 years’ experience in a senior/supervisory position.
- He/she must also be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team, even under stressful conditions.
- He/she must have previous experience in a non-governmental organisation and work with USAID funding and other multiple donors.
- He/she must have skills in QuickBooks, Pastel, Dove payroll, leadership, managerial and good communication.
- Must be trustworthy, works in a collaborative way, ability to work in a multi-professional and multi-cultural environment and ability to coach and mentor staff.
- High levels of computer literacy.
2. Senior Programme Manager – Lusaka office
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and mature professional to take up the senior role of Senior Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of the whole proposed change, co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management. The role will also include building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors in pursuit of the organization’s vision and objectives, and to ensure that all operations are in line with its policies.
This is a critical role in the structure of Afya Mzuri and therefore the incumbent should possess strong leadership and people’s skills. The incumbent will be required to work in consultation with the Executive Director in his/her leadership and representation roles.
Essential skills, qualifications & experience required:
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelors degree in public relations, social sciences, development studies or a related field.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of experience in programming as well as 3 years’ experience in a senior/supervisory position.
- He/she must also have experience in – Fundraising (writing funding proposals and submitting to potential donors, and conducting research on fundraising opportunities).
- He/she must manage the implementation of all programme activities, including monitoring and evaluation of programme implementation, and provide technical support to staff for the planning, implementation and evaluation.
- He/she must ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of projects by meeting the minimum standards set.
- He/she must manage the project’s budget by monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
- He/ must have excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Previous experience in a USAID funded NGO will be an added advantage.
3. Monitoring And Evaluation Officer – Lusaka office
We are looking to recruit a mature, experienced professional to take up the role of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to be based at Head Office. The incumbent will be required to work closely with the Senior Programme Manager on the delivery of high profile funded programmes/projects. The successful candidate will have to possess:
Minimum skills, qualifications and experience required:
- A Degree in Development Studies or Social sciences with a bias in M&E, or a relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in M&E – at least one of which should be with a reputable TB/ HIV or health-related organisation preferably related to capacity building, health systems strengthening programmes/projects.
- A highly motivated team player with acute attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and work with people at all levels.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- High levels of computer literacy, data entry, analysis, and quality control skills.
- Knowledge of how to come up with a conceptual framework and able to conduct a Data Quality Audit.
- Competency in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team player, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Any formal training in monitoring and evaluation and competencies in setting up M&E systems will be an added advantage.
- Experience in research, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities.
- Experience in a range of techniques for data collection and analysis, including statistical analysis tests and the use of SPSS.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- An incumbent should have the experience and knowledge to advise the programme teams and the entire organisation on the overall performance of projects.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an application letter responding to the advert and with the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 3 pages) and full contact details of at least 3 traceable professional referees, one of which should include current employer, where applicable. Applicants are also requested to provide details of their current or most recent salary and remuneration package.
Please submit applications, quoting Ref: MEO, to the Executive Director, Afya Mzuri, Plot 10487A Manchinchi Road, Olympia Park, P.O. Box 51232, Lusaka using E-mail Address: [email protected] (ONLY Applications through the provided email address will be accepted).
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 17:00 hrs (Local time).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.