Ministry of Health
THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
LUSAKA PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT – MINISTRY OF HEALTH (LUSAKA PROVINCE)
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons in Lusaka Province to fill the under listed positions:
Job Title: Motorbike Rider (11)
Location: Lusaka Province Districts
Job Purpose: To Ride Project Motorbikes in order to facilitate the transportation of samples and other Logistics.
- Transportation of samples (DBS and Viral Load) from health facilities to HABS;
- Transportation of other Laboratory specimen from health facilities to diagnostic centres within and outside the district;
- Collect and distribute Laboratory results from the Provincial Molecular Laboratory at Chipata General Hospital to health facilities in a timely manner in order to reduce turnaround time;
- Carryout routine maintenance of the motorbike under one’s custody in order to prolong its lifespan;
- Maintain documentation of the samples transported.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate;
- Must be a Zambian citizen between 25 and 45 years old of age;
- Must have a minimum Riding License Class A;
- Must be able to write and express himself/herself in English and
- Minimum two (2) years work experience in similar undertaking, Knowledge in motorbike mechanics will be an added advantage
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Interested candidates currently employed under the Ministry of Health in Lusaka Province are encouraged to apply for one position only. Candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies and valid Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 14th July, 2021. An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of One (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for and applicants should provide valid phone numbers for ease of communication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Plot Number 3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573