Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – DAPP TCE Project
Development Aid from People to People registered in 1990 as a national non-profit organisation has its head quarter in Ndola. The vision of DAPP is, through running grassroots projects, to assist people to get knowhow to improve their living conditions. DAPP seeks to build hope and to make disadvantaged people to stick together to fend for their family and community. DAPP and the communities work in partnerships on health, child development, education, human rights, economic empowerment including agriculture and environment. DAPP is also selling second hand clothes for generating additional funds to support social projects. It is funded by various local and international agencies and the Government of the Republic of Zambia through various line Ministries. DAPP works in 77 districts in all provinces and has a 2000 staff complement. DAPP is a member of The Federation of Associations connected to the International Humana People to People Movement.
DAPP Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of M&E Officer, tenable in Lusaka. This is a community-based HIV prevention and retention project to support the attainment of strategic 95-95-95 HIV targets and other HIV related targets to achieve Epidemic control. The project is funded by Ministry of Health and CDC.
The position reports to the Project Coordinator and M&E Specialist
Job summary/ responsibilities:
- Provide support to create a strong and efficient team on project level
- Plan M&E activities for the project on a yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis according to the approved project work-plan and budget.
- Train project staff in M&E concepts, new tools and databases
- Develop data collection tools and systems. Work with staff and partners to make TCE data collection modifications, based on analysis of routine data
- Ensure timely data collection and entry into databases according to the project M&E plan
- Analyse data, document results on key performance indicators and conduct regular updating of project performance monitoring plans in order to highlight progress on expected outputs and outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate activities through monitoring and supervision visits including data quality assessments in the project areas on a weekly basis.
- Database development and management. This includes coordinating the development and implementation of necessary electronic or hard copy databases.
- Be responsible for quality data storage and ensure that all data is in order and updated
- Prepare donor and partner reports, timely, using the provided reporting systems and develop visual presentations
- Participate in some partner, stakeholder, management and staff meetings and present visual reports
- Support DAPP-TCE in on-going program review and planning using data results to improve the project implementation. This includes the development of various planning and review documents
- Use data generated from the studies/assessments to inform programming and development of new programmes; and in future participate in conducting of research studies, impact assessments and project evaluations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Ministry of Health at provincial and district levels and other partners through participation in Provincial/District Integrated Meetings and Technical Working Groups
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Degree with a major in demography and a minor within social sciences.
- At least two years’ relevant work experience in M&E of PEPFAR Health and HIV Activities in a complex, multi-year health sector development projects
- Have competence and experience working with Advanced Excel, MER, SmartCare, DQMIS and DHIS2.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ready to revise M&E protocols and systems in order to adopt changed funding agency demands
- Vast experience with development of M&E work and direct supervision of staff in implementation of monitoring and evaluation.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV prevention, care, and treatment, also of key populations.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills to all levels of staff.
Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 referees must be received by 28th July, 2021. Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title, and the subject title of the email must be Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Application.
Only Lusaka based applicants are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.