BongoHive Technology and Innovation Hub
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Analytics Lead
BongoHive is seeking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Data Analytics Lead to lead our Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Data Analytics work, to enhance quality M&E, analysis and learning from programme/project implementation by ensuring appropriate use of M&E frameworks and tools that assure quality programme and project delivery across BongoHive and partners’/client projects.
The M, E & A Lead will be required to oversee the redesign of M&E and Data Analytics processes within the whole organization. He/She will work in collaboration with an M&E assistant to support him/her.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing M&E systems, including the development of M&E plans, frameworks, processes and data collection tools (including baseline) for all the programmes and projects in the organization;
- Design M&E plans and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary;
- Work with programmes at inception phase to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement the donor’s requirements, create long term plans, etc;
- Supervise the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote and ensure the use of data for decision-making processes;
- Lead regular reviews of programmes/lessons learnt sessions and implementing necessary changes to existing and future programmes;
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in the development of project reports;
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools;
- Support Program Managers in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during the writing and set up of project proposals as well as throughout project implementation;
- Work closely with the communication department in developing and disseminating programme results, best practices and success stories;
- Lead and coordinate assessment and evaluations of programmes;
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project areas, methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good data for results-based evaluation;
- Report M&E updates and performances across the programmes;
- Review or edit project data in reports as requested and required; Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives as requested, to fulfil internal and external reporting requirements;
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
Data analysis and database management work:
- Design and maintain database systems that improve BongoHive’s ability to inform program/project implementation, analyze data, identify trends and present impact to key stakeholders;
- Ensure all relevant staff are able to update and utilise the databases to analyze program information and results.
- Manage databases to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, and data use for decision-making;
- Prepare data reports (tables, charts, narratives, visuals) at regular intervals and ad hoc as needed to respond to requests for information, inputs to work plans and semi-annual reports, and other internal and external data analysis and reporting requirements;
- To take the lead in conducting continuous data analysis of enterprise/business performance from programme data and produce cross-sectional reports reflecting different growth variables including but not limited to sales, employment, profitability etc;
- Provide analytical expertise with regards to identifying and confirming patterns and trends in data, understanding the economics of supporting different types of business, likely cost to us per unit of result, etc;
- Provide technical assistance to Leads for implementing M&E activities, including data collection, analysis, and use of M&E systems to ensure data collected are sufficient to produce in-depth data analysis and identify trends. Ensure data are used by business units for informed decision-making and to strengthen programs/projects as needed;
- To be the person that ultimately checks and signs off on data and analysis.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistic, Economics, Business Management, Social Science or other analytics fields.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant professional experience doing complex data analysis within programmes M&E context.
- Proven experience in leading, coordinating and managing M&E systems to produce analysis related to the economics of supporting different types of business. M&E experience within social enterprises or private sector enterprises is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data quality assurance, analysis and reporting.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis systems and tools.
- High level of competency in managing data information.
- Very Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced excel skills are required with the ability to create excel based tools using complex formulas, pivot tables, create graphs etc.
- Highly adept with data analysis, presentation, statistics.
- Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical reports required.
- Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Ability to see patterns in data and understand the cause and effect.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Ability to collaborate well on a team while also taking the initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with multicultural clients.
- Able to work in a hybrid work environment, remotely and in-person when the need arises.
- Interest in Data Science and Big Data Analytics
One more thing
Many companies will tell you that your “out-of-the-box ideas” matter. At BongoHive, that statement has weight. There’s no red tape stopping you from figuring out for yourself what our customers want and joining a team to build the solutions they seek.
If you’re thinking to yourself, “Wow, that sounds like a lot of responsibility,” you’re right.
And that’s why hiring is one of the most important things we do at BongoHive.
Deadline for applications: Saturday 19th June 2021, 17:00hrs (GMT+2)
To apply for this job please visit bongohive.co.zm.