USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets. USAID DISCOVER-Health is also supporting MOH in the national COVID-19 response.
The Ministry of Health in collaboration with JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project has the following job opportunity:
POSITION: MONITORING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
Position Type: Full time
Duration: 1 Year
Duty Station: MoH
Reporting: Chief Health Promotion Officer
The Monitoring and Information Systems Officer will provide various M&E services at the Ministry of Health and ensuring that quality RCCE and demand generation data from the various partners and MoH, is collected, collated, entered and analysed to guide COVID-19 program implementation
- Provide day to day M&E support/ mentorship to MoH COVID-19 data entry clerks
- Analyze and prepare for presentation data to relevant national TWGs, including RCCE, with recommended data-driven areas to focus efforts
- Ensure the Health Promotion Officers are given correct COVID-19 data collection tools.
- Assist Health Promotion Officers learn how to use any computer/android device they are assigned to use for data entry
- Maintain updated data of all MoH COVID-19 Health Promotion social mobilization data and ensure that Districts report appropriately
- Analyze data and preparation of required reports
- Ensure data are available in a timely manner for use for decision-making by the MoH
- Work in collaboration with the District Health Promotion Officers to ensure data that goes onto the dashboard is well aggregated and is not duplicated
- Proactively identify data problems and make relevant recommendations for improvement.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or other relevant field of study
- Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Demonstrated work experience in data management, management information systems, logistics or related experience in the health care
- At least two (2) years of experience in data management;
- Strong ability to manage data for multiple priorities;
- Good computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of data management system such as SPSS, GIS, Epi info will be and added advantage
Please send email applications enclosing an updated CV addressed to the Project Director to: [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Tuesday 30th November, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.