Title : Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Location : Lusaka
Reporting : Chief Operation Officer
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
This position exists to oversee and guide all monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management activities for WWF Zambia. S/he must effectively manage relationships with WWF Zambia staff to effectively implement a comprehensive M & E system that will improve the quality of outcome harvesting. S/he will also serve as the point person for M & E with various donors, and be responsible for coordinating and preparing all required reports. The incumbent will provide mentorship to program staff in order to progressively build skills in M & E, knowledge management and learning.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Strengthening Conservation delivery and learning
- Work with the WWF Zambia staff and their partners to assess, project and plan on the required capacity to deliver the key performance indicators improve their capacity on planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning through training and mentoring of planning and monitoring staff.
- Create opportunities for documentation and harvesting of lessons and learning and build lessons in work processes to deliver high impact results based management practises.
2. Strengthening Planning Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Strengthen WWF Zambia’s implementation of the Annual Performance Monitoring System (APMS) based on Results Based Matrix (RBM) to track key impact and outcome indicators defined by WWF Zambia country’s country strategy.
- Support WWF Zambia departments and conservation program teams set up annual performance targets (key performance indicates that contribute to WWF Zambia and global practise long term strategy outcome and impact indicators as per APMS and RBM.
- Support WWF Zambia team align projects, staffing and funding opportunities to long term strategy outcome and impact indicators.
- Support HR and administration Manager to facilitate across the board implementation of common performance indicators to achieve breakthrough performance that will link individual work plans to team work plans and finally to office annual work-plan and targets.
- Plan program and departmental heads to ensure data on impact and outcome measures are timely collected and used, to strengthen day to day strategy management and facilitate adaptive management.
- Build M & E capacity for key WWF Zambia departmental staff to ensure adherence to WWF and donor reporting deadlines and standards both TPR and FRs.
- Lead capacity building activities on M & E for partners to design and deliver impactful programs.
3. Data Analysis and reporting
- Conduct data analysis and report writing, including participate in and coordinate the timely analysis of qualitative and quantitative performance data and report writing as required.
- Ensure deliverables are accurate, complete, and submitted to the donor in a timely manner. The incumbent will facilitate review of progress on a quarterly basis; problem solving and development of remedial actions ensuring any disparity between planned and actual outputs are addressed.
- Support project staff in collecting human interest and case studies to illustrate key outcomes and impact of the interventions that can be used in reports and bulletins.
4. Design and Implementation of M & E Tools
- Work with internal and external teams to design and implement surveys, assessments, studies, and evaluations.
- Develop terms of reference for such activities, supervising external consultants while in the field and training/supervising local enumerators and/or supervisors selected to support the work.
5. Human Capital Management and Development
- Lead, manage, supervise, and mentor a team of M&E staff, including assessing staff M&E capacity, identify their training needs and provide training and resources needed to collect data and use the M&E system for ongoing monitoring, learning and reporting.
- Ensure that work within the M&E team is planned and organized in a way which will meet WWF Zambia’s needs in the most cost effective manner possible and ensure that team members are given appropriate workloads and are working efficiently.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with WWF Zambia’s performance development journey system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork, give corrective feedback where required and take decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- Senior Management Team and Program Leaders
- WWF Africa M & E Advisor
- M and E Counterparts
- University degree (at least 5 years) in a relevant subject.
- At least 7 years’ experience in programme design and impact monitoring and/or project management and organisation development.
Knowledge, Experience and skills required:
- Knowledge and experience in applying M & E Programme Standards Performance.
- Experience with various planning, monitoring and evaluation approaches (i.e. theory of change, conceptual models, result chains, conservation measures, APMS, RBM).
- Experience with an international organisation focused on improving program quality, performance and impact delivery.
- Senior experience supporting or driving institutional and culture shifts to deliver improved team/organisational performance.
- Team player, Mature and results driven.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, experience with training and coaching.
- Works well under deadlines, accurate, eye for quality, pays attention to detail.
- Culturally sensitive and proven ability to work in a global team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity building experience.
Overall Skills, Competencies and behaviours required:
The embodiment of WWF Global behavioural competencies:
- Strive for Impact «I am results driven. Everything I do, the way I think, plan and implement is driven by a relentless search for impact. »
- Listen Deeply «I go beyond my point of view and strive to see the bigger picture from different perspectives. I stay curious and listen deeply to what others have to say. »
- Collaborate Openly «I’m a global citizen working for a living planet. I am constantly thinking of how with others, together, we can be more impactful. I work across boundaries, openly ask for help and share what I know, both internally and externally. »
- Innovate Fearlessly «I take risks to find better solutions. I measure progress and learn from mistakes. I share both success & failures. I encourage others to do the same. »
To apply for this role, applicants should email their CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th June, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.