Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia)
Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia) is a specialist provider of legal and social services to juveniles in conflict with the law, providing legal assistance to hundreds of juveniles each year and visiting facilities across 4 provinces on a regular basis.
UP Zambia, in partnership with Build It International, is implementing an EU funded project supporting juveniles in conflict with the law to successfully reintegrate into society through vocational skills training and holistic wellness programs.
Duration: 8 Months with the possibility of extension
The Monitoring & Evaluation officer will advise the Project Manager in planning, implementation and reporting of monitoring, evaluation and learning related activities of our EU, UNICEF and other donor-funded grants. S/He will contribute to the development of program related M&E systems, tracking performance indicators, development of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and reporting, drafting of learning papers etc. Independently manage surveys through UP Zambia specific methodologies and tools. Provide accurate analysis and presentation of information to enhance UP Zambia’s position as a strong juvenile justice stakeholder.
This is a full-time position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing data collection tools and systems for the UNICEF and Rise Again projects, as well as any other UP Zambia activities;
- Working closely with the communications officer to Manage the creation of human-interest stories
- In liaison with the Project Manager and UP Zambia Team Leaders, ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
- Management of data collection tools in collaboration with project managers;
- Collecting data in collaboration with legal and social work staff;
- Processing, cleaning and storing collected data for UP Zambia activities;
- Ensure proper reporting of monitoring outputs, focusing on achievement of program results;
- Draft regular M&E project reports and manage the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports;
- Coordinating with various team leaders and managers across the UNICEF and Rise Again projects over data collection and reporting;
- Training and guiding UP Zambia staff in the use of monitoring & evaluation tools;
- Preparing monthly summaries of data for the legal/court team activities for management as well as submission to donors;
- Providing information for donor reports and participating in the writing of project proposals;
- Supporting additional M&E activities for other UP Zambia projects as needed;
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography or any other social science.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Previous experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) of donor funded projects (EU, UNICEF) will be an added advantage
- Competent computer skills in MS Office, SPSS, R and other data management software
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in Project Cycle Management and MEAL
- Excellent skills in result-based M&E frameworks, indicator tracking, M&E systems development, development of data collection tools, data analysis and report writing
- Practical knowledge and skills of database development/management and statistical analysis
- The ability to self-manage own workload and anticipate priorities
- The ability to work in, and adapt to, challenging environments
- Preparedness to work outside normal working hours when required
- Should a member Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and work closely with the Team Leaders leading the various UP Zambia projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.