Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Mechanical Fitter
Reporting: Mechanical Foreman
Job Purpose: To keep all fixed machine/equipment in various departments in good order and in compliance with the safety standards.
- Ensuring implementation of safety and health policies and practices in line with company requirements and in compliance with legislation.
- Ensuring that all fixed plant Infrastructure work operations are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives.
- Ensuring all procedures, processes, and systems in use in undertaking fixed plant works are in line with company policy direction.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are well secured, in good order and available for use.
- Ensure that clarification is done before a task is completed.
- Ensuring that sufficient planning is undertaken for all lined up tasks.
- Ensuring that all fixed plant equipment commissioning, service, maintenance, and repair are executed to the highest acceptable standards.
- Maintain workplace/Workshop at the highest acceptable standard.
- Accurate reporting
- Completion of checklists and work orders with accurate details of findings
- Ensure proper handovers of equipment to operations are done upon completion of task.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Craft certificate in Mechanical fitting
- Fitter should enjoy technical work and possess excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Experience in pipe fitting for both civil and mining industry and able to interpret circuits diagrams.
- Member of EIZ
- Experience in pump, conveyors, crushers repairs and mining equipment maintenance
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th July 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.