Sandvik Mining & Construction
Location: Centre, Zambia
Position: Marketing Specialist – Central Africa
Drive local marketing & communication activities in collaboration with Marketing & Communications Business Area Mining.
- Collect marketing intelligence based on guidance from Business Line Managers and BA Mining Business Development
- Work with Account Management to identify actual customer share of customer spend and define customer relevant marketing actions
- Local execution of product launches to create customer awareness.
- Develop, define, and execute a marketing plan and budget in collaboration with Sales Area Manager and Global Marketing
- Manage and promote internal and external communications
- Develop and execute brand campaigns on relevant digital media channels inclusive of Public Relations (PR)
- Manage the localisation of all marketing and technical materials and ensure availability of stock.
- Ensure leads are gathered, qualified, and distributed via CRM a Salesforce Tool
- Admin and ambassador of the CRM management system in the Sales Area.
- Ensure consistent branding by enforcing application of brand guideline
- Manage trade shows, customer events/exhibitions including seminars
- Manage local marketing material production in a cost-efficient way
- Develop Quarterly Marketing report to include invoicing to top 10 customers
- Strong customer service focus, also under pressure.
- Influencer/persuasive ability.
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of initiative, drive and determination to achieve goals and targets set for customer satisfaction.
- Ability and willingness to travel is expected in this job.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications or equivalent experience gained from work or training
- Exposure to the Mining, Construction or Engineering industries is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with Sandvik Mining and Construction product range would be beneficial.
- Commercial management experience or equivalent experience gained from work or training
- Adequate Sales or Marketing background, particularly in aftermarket support sales.
- Skilled in strategic planning and tactical execution
Bachelor qualification in Marketing / Business or relevant Bachelor level.
To apply for this job please visit sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.