Website OYDC Zambia Sports Development Centre
Job Title: Marketing Officer
Reports to: Business Development Manager or Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for all marketing strategies and activities within the company. Oversees the marketing department and provides direction and feedback on major projects. Makes key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales. Works with other organisation officers to set the overall direction and objectives for product and service offerings. You will normally work directly under marketing or business development manager but you may also manage a few people under you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise marketing strategy, based on the organization-wide strategic plan and generate annual marketing plans.
- Organise a calendar of marketing events, such as dinners, promotions, exhibitions, product launches, workshops, open days or fundraising activities
- Plan, prepare and manage the publication and distribution of publicity materials
- Devise marketing campaigns
- Represent the company at events
- Write, edit and proofread marketing material for use in different channels
- Provide marketing content for social media and the website(s)
- Coordinate with outside agencies, for example, designers, to produce marketing material such as stationery and web pages
- Line manage a marketing assistant, freelance marketer or marketing firms
- Analyse the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare measurement reports
- Assists in the interviewing, hiring, and training of key marketing staff members, including marketing consultants
- Research and analyse market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies; and use research findings and analysis to provide direction to marketing managers regarding upcoming marketing projects, new products or services, and overall strategy
- Identifies areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities
- Maintains the department’s budget and ensures all marketing activities are cost-effective
- Works with other company officers to establish budgets and marketing objectives
- Work closely with the advertising media and help them incorporate new business strategies and marketing methods
- Help the marketing team in organizing events and exhibitions for the promotion of products and capture potential markets
- Prepare monthly expenditure report of the advertisements, promotions events and all types of expenses involved in marketing a product/service
1. Research skills
- Should be a skilled and creative copywriter through detailed market analysis
- Must be aware of the market trends, competitors in the market and future threats
- Expert marketing skills and the ability to implement new and innovative marketing strategies efforts
- Sound mathematical and statistical skills
2. Communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good online skills
- Should use most communication tools
- Negotiate with the clients and the advertising agencies
- Good presentation skills
3. Management and delegation skills
- Often as a marketing officer you will have to manage others in the marketing team and delegate work to them.
- Motivating, leadership quality and should believe in teamwork and collective performance
4. Networking and communication skills
- You will have to represent OYDC at events and be comfortable talking to potential customers, opinion formers and suppliers.
Required Attributes, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing or Business Management or related
- A member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing.
- About two (1 – 3) years of marketing work experience
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application. The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand-delivered or posted applications will not be accepted note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.